Yep, I thought I had this nailed down in my memory banks, and didn't make a note of how to do it.

The Setup doesn't mention it, even in search....

I know good and well though, there is a setting for it somewhere.

Would appreciate a heads up....

I can always pull down the notification panel to see if 4g is available, but having it displayed at the top all the time is better.
    10-29-2014 06:37 PM
    Well, it is 2 a.m. here and I awoke to visit nature.

Picked up the phone and idly scrolling thru the screens wondering if anything has changed.... Then I notice there is a new icon showing on one of them and it is labeled "Toggle Notifications"

Touch that and sure nuff, the Notification Bar appears on my home screens. Again and it disappears.

It seems to be a Widget, but I'm not sure where it came from.

I'm using Nova launcher and thought it might be a feature of that, but have not found it in their settings page yet.

I do note though that under Nova Settings/Look and Feel/ "show notification bar" is available with a checkbox.... but it is checked.

So, still curious where I found that toggle icon.....
    10-30-2014 02:20 AM
    I don't use Nova, but have you tried looking for 'Immersive Mode' in any of your settings? Turn it off if its an option.
    10-30-2014 11:12 AM
    I don't use Nova, but have you tried looking for 'Immersive Mode' in any of your settings? Turn it off if its an option.
    Not familiar with that mode, so doubt it came from there.

as I mentioned in post above, it was a widget that toggles the display on/off. just don't know where the widget came from.
    10-30-2014 04:17 PM
    Well, it is 2 a.m. here and I awoke to visit nature.

Picked up the phone and idly scrolling thru the screens wondering if anything has changed.... Then I notice there is a new icon showing on one of them and it is labeled "Toggle Notifications"

Touch that and sure nuff, the Notification Bar appears on my home screens. Again and it disappears.

It seems to be a Widget, but I'm not sure where it came from.

I'm using Nova launcher and thought it might be a feature of that, but have not found it in their settings page yet.

I do note though that under Nova Settings/Look and Feel/ "show notification bar" is available with a checkbox.... but it is checked.

So, still curious where I found that toggle icon.....
    "scrolling through the screens"?? What screens? Trying to find this setting myself
    08-02-2015 03:30 PM
    In the nova launcher settings it is the toggle next to Dark Icons.
    04-06-2016 10:58 AM