My Verizon S5 doesn't have the "Smart Remote" app on it? Is this normal? Where can I find it?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
My Verizon S5 doesn't have the "Smart Remote" app on it? Is this normal? Where can I find it?

It's not anywhere in the application manager menu.... not under all or turned-off lists. :(

Any help appreciated! :)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Verizon S5 doesn't have the "Smart Remote" app on it? Is this normal? Where can I find it?

Try looking for WatchON.

If not, just download WatchON either from the Play Store or Galaxy Apps. It's the same thing.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Verizon S5 doesn't have the "Smart Remote" app on it? Is this normal? Where can I find it?

Try looking for WatchON.

If not, just download WatchON either from the Play Store or Galaxy Apps. It's the same thing.

Is there no separate icon in the apps menu for "Smart Remote" or is it only under WatchOn?

This is what I found when I Googled it: (mine doesn't have that Smart Remote app icon at all)

Galaxy-S5-app-renaming-576x1024.png

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

I'm on Verizon and I have the smart remote on my S5. It's showing under apps.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-10-31-13-32-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-10-31-13-32-19.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 36

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

Well, I don't have an S5 but that one was there on my Note 4 when I got it. Before that, the Note 3 and the TabS had WatchON. I actually uninstalled the Smart Remote from the Note 4 and downloaded WatchON. It's so much better.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...tails?id=com.sec.watchon.phone&token=4E2BT67V

Finally got WatchOn to install on my tablet(Tab S 10.5). However, it has one major problem. I do not have wifi at home and WatchOn can't even be opened when there's no wifi network. The TV remote works from the drop-down notification bar, but settings cannot be changed when there is no wifi network.(for example, unable to change to a different TV to control) :(

Still cannot find "Smart Remote" app on my phone. I stopped by the Verizon corporate store. The display S5 does have the "Smart Remote" app on it. The VZW rep couldn't find it on my S5 either.... she wanted to do a full reset, but I decided to do it at home... after I get everything backed up first.

Skimmt

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site

you can download the smart remote app that comes with the phone pre-installed from the play store, it should be one of the first few results

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Yup, those apps are readily available in Google's or Samsung's stores. No need to do a phone reset for that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty