Gmail 5.0 or Samsung stock email?

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I use both but I'm liking the the 5.0 version of Gmail. It's similar to inbox Well kind of the same actually.

Posted via Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5😎

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You can download the APK via the link above. I'm giving it a shot as my default mail client for now. When the GS5 gets Lollipop, I may return to the Samsung stock email client.

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Anyone tried the Nine email client for exchange server integration? I've been using it for about a week now and I've found it way better than the stock mail app.

Posted via the Android Central App

JonnyKs

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I was trying inbox out, but have since switched back to Gmail with 5.0. It's only been a day, but I'm enjoying having all of my accounts in one place.

Also, I like to keep a tidy Gmail. Inbox was killing me with its mark done feature instead of quick delete & I couldn't find a way to clear trash & spam.

Sent from my Note 4

RFclipse

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to make the "move to" icon appear when an email is selected? I like to keep messages in folders even though Gmail prefers to push the archive feature...

SERBDVB

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Does the new Gmail have notification blue light when Email arrives or this options is available only on stock email client
Thx

Posted via Android Central App

SERBDVB

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm Thx brother ... I'm just gon a test and see I have s5 I I know it was not working before that's way I was using stock email client to begin with because of blue light notification

cybeak

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Anyone tried the Nine email client for exchange server integration? I've been using it for about a week now and I've found it way better than the stock mail app.

I have been using 9folders for 6 months, it's the best for Exchange and the regular updates are superb. I will use the new Gmail for my other addresses but for Exchange with Active Sync there is no better. I used Touchdown for Exchange before, 9folders is significantly better. No, I don't have any working relationship with 9folders, just a regular a regular user. Looking forward to read more about the new Gmail

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm. Happy to have all my emails in the same account! If it performs as well as the stock one it will become my default mail app.

Posted from my nexus 7 2013

JonnyKs

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm. Happy to have all my emails in the same account! If it performs as well as the stock one it will become my default mail app.

Posted from my nexus 7 2013
Same here. I have 8 accounts that I like to have quick access to. It's nice to have them all in one convenient place.

I'm hoping Google's spam filtering will do some work on them as well, though I'm pretty sure that's a server side thing, so probably not...

Sent from my Note 4

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
2 email accounts. Was using the stock Samsung app due to having them both in the same place. I would chose that over 5.0.

I have just discovered blue mail. Much better than the stock Samsung app or 5.0. Unified inbox goes a long way in my case.

JonnyKs

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
When using gmail 5.0, can push e-mail be enabled for yahoo and/or outlook? I only see sync frequencies ranging from 5 minutes to 1 hour.

That was the other thing I didn't like about 5.0. I couldn't find the push email option either.

Not yet from what I can see, but this is a leak of the initial release of the ability to add external accounts. I'm sure it will come soon enough.

Sent from my Note 4

whtciv2k

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I use nine mail and love it. bought it because it had great reviews and it was 50% off. I've owned android phones since the htc incredible and this was the first app I had ever bought. It was a worthwhile investment.

I also installed the new gmail 5.0 app. love the redesign and it also has exchange activsync capabilities now. I will give it a go around soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles