Memo app

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
When I first bought the Samsung phone, there was a memo app installed on the device. I've added many many features to the memo pad but I was looking on the Play Store for a more modern version of the memo app. Is there one.

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Do you mean the Action Memo? Then apps like Google Keep or PostIt notes from Evernote might help.

If you mean S-Note, then you have also Evernote or OneNote, but I still find S-Note much more capable.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
If I try the 3 apps you suggest, will try I be able to import data I already have,. I don't want to lose the data I've already saved.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That depends, what app are you already using?

S-Note syncs to Evernote as long as you set it up that way when you first set up the app. For every other app, you'd probably have to 'export' your notes into some other format like PDF or TXT so that the other app can use them.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Plz enlighten me.. what is wrong wth the stock memo app? I have many a memos in it. Pros an cons on these other appz anyone?

tutor

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't know about pro's and con's, but I also use Keep, for simple notes. I really like how it sync's with my tablet and pc, or type a note on the pc and it syncs right up with the other devices. If there is a con it would be that there isn't a way to place related notes into a folder or tabbed type area so you could have sets of notes for one group of ideas and another set of notes for a different idea, I would love to see a simple note app like that, but be it as it is, Keep is a nice simple note taking app.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
The app works fine. I was just wondering if there was a memo app that would add functionality to the memo app that came with the samsung. Strangely, the app I have is not on Google play. The apps that are there have no way to import my existing data. Maybe if it's not *broke*, I shouldn't *fix* it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Can you give me the name of the app you're using? I'm assuming it's Action Memo, but I might be wrong. And yes, stock Samsung apps are not on Google Play. Some can be found in Galaxy Apps but not all of them since some are baked into the system.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I really like the Memo app. It is probably not on Google Play, but on the Samsung app store

Posted via Android Central App on my VZW Note 3

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If it's Action Memo, then no... that's nowhere else because it's baked into the system. Cannot be uninstalled and cannot be re-installed from any store, even Samsung's. S-Note, however, can be downloaded from Galaxy Apps.

Those are the only two note-taking apps that come preloaded with Samsung phones.

Liz Walker

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Plz enlighten me.. what is wrong wth the stock memo app? I have many a memos in it. Pros an cons on these other appz anyone?

I accidentally disabled the stock memo app and can't figure out how to get it back. I liked that app! Any advice?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
There is nothing wrong with the app, but I just wanted to see if it had any enhancements since I bought the phone. Thanks.

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs