Hi
    My SGS5 had its screen replaced a month ago.
    Today while eating at a restaurant the waiter spilled a cup of tea on the table and my phone was there.
    Some water touched it and there was maybe 10/15 drops of water that got under my phone protector's cover on the back panel of the phone and some on the screen.
    I immediately cleaned it off. After few seconds the phone started acting strange. The screen would go off randomly and pressing the middle button wouldn't bring it on.
    After few minutes it stopped responding.. it would go on and off after few seconds with some flickering when it was on, as if some cable was coming loose..
    Now I can turn on the phone, the touch works (I can feel the vibrations), but the screen remains black. Sound controls and the power button work.
    I turned off the phone for few hours with battery removed, at boot screen saw the logo for a few seconds then the screen went black again. No screen at boot. No screen in recovery mode.
    The phone is with battery removed in a bag of rice.
    Is it possible that so little drops would break the screen of supposedly water resistant phone?
    I will place it in rice for 24 hours and see if that helps.
    Does this sound like water damage that will require screen replacement again?
    I went to a local repair shop and the guy told me that opening SGS5 is a difficult process and that I should be prepared to buy a new screen because opening it may brake it. Is that true or is he just a ****ty repair guy?
    11-04-2014 09:16 AM
    Putting the phone in rice won't repair a short circut and it's safe to assume your phone is not longer water resistant after being cracked open a first time. Not to rub salt in the wound, but I tell people this literally everyday. Treat your phone like you paid nearly 1000 dollars for it and these type of accidents won't happen.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-04-2014 10:49 AM
    What are the odds that replacing the screen will fix the problem?
    I don't want to risk it have the screen replaced and find out that the problem wasn't solved.
    Will a skilled technician be able to realize what the problem is?
    11-04-2014 12:01 PM
    Why not take it to samsung?
    11-04-2014 12:22 PM
    It's possible like someone else said that the seal was compromised with the last screen replacement. It's hard to say for sure without actually opening it up.

It's also possible that coincidentally the new screen started acting up.
    11-04-2014 12:42 PM
    Why not take it to samsung?
    I didn't replace the screen with them, will they still take it?
    11-04-2014 12:56 PM
    That might be problematic. You can try but they will likely charge you an arm and a leg for repairs since your initial repair was through a 3rd party, non-approved company.
    11-04-2014 01:00 PM