memory sd card

TWERBY

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a samsung s5 and just recently purchased a sd card cause im running out of memory
Now when I update some apps its saying "insufficient memory on device" dont understand when I have 28g of free memory on card.
Do I have to move all apps to sd card if so how?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Although you can move a portion of some apps to the SD card, you can never move the entire app there--some part of it has to stay behind in Internal Storage. So if your Internal Storage is pretty full, you may not be able to install much more, even if you have a mostly empty external SD card.

See this guide for more info: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roid-memory-how-deal-low-memory-warnings.html

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
If you have a lot of photos in the internal memory, I suggest you move them over to the SD card.

I find it extremely hard to believe that you could have gigabytes worth of apps installed. More likely you have a lot of Videos stored on Internal Memory.

Move all of the images/videos to the SD card, or get them off the phone and to a home computer.

I have 5.5 gB of internal storage still available on my phone plus a 64 gB SD card that have 50+ gB of room left on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton