Why isn't my Samsung Galary app working?

PGDJ

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Galary app simply doesn't work it is blank

So I try to open the gallery app, and it is very slow to start up and then it opens and shows "albums" except there is nothing there of substance. There isn't a single photo in it. If i go into camera and click on the previous picture i can scroll through the photos fine. I do use the google photos application. I've tried forced stopping clear cache clear data in the application manager. I don't have an sd card and never had one. The application just simply doesn't work. I have the sprint galaxy s5. This is an issue because when I want to change profile photos for things or people it can only draw from the gallery application which doesn't work. It's becoming a nuisance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galary app simply doesn't work it is blank

Welcome to Android Central! Use a file manager app and make sure there isn't a file called ".nomedia" in your /DCIM/Camera folder. That would cause the system to ignore that folder when scanning for photos to display in the Gallery.

PGDJ

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for this advice unfortunately there was no .nomedia file in my DCIM/Camera folder. Do you have any other suggestions

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Is this only with the Photos app? The Albums view is primarily for your cloud albums (the ones in your Google+ Photos page). To see the photos on your phone, swipe in from the left and tap "On Device."

PGDJ

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I think I may have made this unclear the google photos for google+ app works fine it is the native samsung "Gallery" app that many application rely on as a sole means of picking pictures that is not working. Does that change anything or do you have any other advice for me?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Gallery apps should be automatically showing new photos. Try booting into Safe Mode, which prevents 3rd party apps from starting up initially. If it works, then something you installed might be interfering. If it doesn't work, then try booting into Recovery and wiping the cache partition: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

PGDJ

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could say this was easy but safe mode and it took about a full minute and a half to load up but it did get photos finally. Any suggestion as to how to proceed?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What took a minute and a half--the process of Gallery getting populated by thumbnails? Now that the photos are in the Gallery, there probably isn't any point in testing out various apps, because it's doubtful any of them will make the photos disappear from the Gallery. At this point, I'd just reboot normally, and then try taking a few more pictures--see if those photos get into the Gallery properly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781