Music not showing in player when moved to SD card

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having an odd issue all of a sudden. I've been downloading music with uTorrent for a while now with no issues. I download the music and it defaults to my download folder on the device. I then manually move it to the SD card and everything is great. Now suddenly when I move it to the SD card, it won't show up in the music app. If I leave it on the device it is fine but once I move it to my music folder on the SD card, it won't show up.

I am using the stock music app but I checked the Google play music app and it doesn't show up there either. The only way I can get it to show up is to plug into my computer, copy the folder to it and then put it in my iTunes. Then I have to copy it from iTunes folder back to the SD card and it shows up. I've also tried unmounting, removing and remounting the SD card and that worked as well. Both of those solutions are super irritating, especially since it has been working great for ages and now is just not working all of a sudden.

Any ideas?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I figured out what is going on. For some reason, a ".nomedia" file is being generated in my folders of downloaded music. If I delete the said file before moving to the SD card, everything is fine. Now I just need to figure out why a ".nomedia" file is being generated. Anyone have any ideas on that?

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone have any idea why a ".nomedia" file would be generated in music folders that I download? I never had this problem until recently. I can't figure out why this is happening all of a sudden. At least I've found the issue and it's not really a big deal to have to delete the file before I move it to the SD card but I'd like to find out why it's happening.

RockDesk

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I've been having this problem as well recently - is it something to do with the software update? I've been trying to figure out what the problem is for ages and your post and resolve seems to have worked for me. I had got as far as removing the .nomedia file but on the sd card rather than back and forward from the internal storage.

Anyway, thank you for your post because it has helped me alot!! :)

Keith Ennis

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I figured out what is going on. For some reason, a ".nomedia" file is being generated in my folders of downloaded music. If I delete the said file before moving to the SD card, everything is fine. Now I just need to figure out why a ".nomedia" file is being generated. Anyone have any ideas on that?

Same issue here, Galaxy S5 Active...the ".nomedia" is the issue, once I deleted that, my music was restored in the default player.

I've been trying to figure out how or why for quite sometime and still have no answer but deleting it works. Good call!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800