My Galaxy S5 won't charge it's battery?

Derekbbn

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. I have a S5 that won't charge it's battery. The phone says its charging, but the battery won't charge. Even when I have the phone plugged into a charger, the battery continues to drain as it would normally. I work at a phone repair store, so I was able to test it with multiple cords and charging blocks, along with different batteries. I was also able to replace the original charge port with another we had in stock. Same result, nothing.

Anyone have any idea whats going on? In the imgur there is a picture I took in the Galaxy Charging Current app while the phone is hooked up to a USB 2.0 port on my PC. Reference and average register 450 mA and max is 460 mA
imgur (dot) com/a/6fOC4

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if there might be some charging circuitry beyond the port that is defective.

Derekbbn

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if there might be some charging circuitry beyond the port that is defective.

Thanks! I've lurked on here for a long time and decided now was as good of a time as ever to sign up. And that's what I'm unsure of. I can get just about any part I need to fix this thing. I just need to figure out which part is defective so I can replace it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's getting too technical for me. It sounds like you've already replaced what you can within reason. I would guess that if there's a problem with one of the actual charging circuits, you might have to replace the whole motherboard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37