Why Can't I Delete Picasa Photos from my Samsung Galaxy S5?

PinkSprklToast

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I've been wondering what the Picasa Album was on my phone and how i could get rid of it. Thank goodness I wasn't the only one that had the same problem. There are like 1000 plus pictures there!

ellie nico

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey am having same problem...kind of...
I don't have any offending photos I want to get rid of... the photos from my s4 where moved to my s5 (over 1000 of them) as well am just wanting to securely move all my photos to my Google photo cloud safely and keep them there because I haven't gotten round to printing a lot of them off yet (I am a mother, I don't want to loose all my kids pics) but I do want them off my phone to free up much needed space.
Anyone know how to do that?

tri_gurl

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
OMG....that was soooo easy! Thanks so much....have spent hours trying to figure it out. Are they just hidden.....what if you want to delete them permanently? I haven't found any app for Picasa....what is it part of?

Lorroth1

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
If you are trying to free up space on your phones memory, this will not work as you are only hiding the folder correct?

This is EXACTLY what the issue is. Photos I had emailed a few years back with gmail showed up in my Picasa album automatically. Deselecting Picasa photos under Content to Display was the exact solution. I've seen many others with this question online, so hopefully they all stumble across this.... but now how to delete those photos in general... I have no idea

swushrom

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
I can't find the three dots and its really annoying. It has photos with like wheel shaped and it has the Google colors in the logo. I need help.

Glsmith10

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I can't find the three dots and its really annoying. It has photos with like wheel shaped and it has the Google colors in the logo. I need help.

The way I had to do it( I have an s5), I went to my accounts set on the phone and clicked on the Google one and went to my sync options and turned off Picasa and the photo sync then went to my settings > application manager > all > gallery > delete catche and data> force stop and restarted my phone, that's all that would work for me.

Roger Evans

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the best writeup I've come across describing the latest versions of these applications. No luck for me though. Within seconds after restarting and going into Gallery, the albums appear again. I have done a factory reset, deleted the albums using Gallery, deleted the files on the SD card, turned off all the Google sync options, cleared the data and cache from Gallery and the new Photos app, but as soon as I restart the S4, they are back. One mystery is why I never see the files using my PC on Picassa web or Google Photos or Google Drive. Where are they?

Wendy_brewster

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I had the same issue. I was changing phone and giving my old phone away and couldn't delete some photos. As of tonight, I did by deleting my email accounts and now the gallery is blank
It may help!

Wendy_brewster

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
I had to remove my email accounts and the whole gallery was deleted. You might want to backup your photos on a USB or somewhere else b4 trying this removal. Good luc5

Alykat514

Dec 25, 2016
Visit site
!!! 911! Help! Why Can't I Delete individual Picasa Photos from my Samsung Galaxy?

For the love of God, this is nuts!! This Jimmy guy is right- something is definitely amiss and it does seem like a rogue app BECAUSE YOU CANNOT PICK INDIVIDAL PICS TO DELETE OUT OF PICASSA, pics that aren't in any other place; like pics I deleted long ago off of Google photos google+, my verizon cloud, gallery, etc syoll show up in this stupid Picassa. ALL pics I have ever taken are in my Picassa album! Is Picasa like a Google CLOUD? How does it differ from Google Drive, and Google+ and Circle. All downloads, screenshots, random pics- like any image I've ever taken, EVEN THOSE I DELETED OFF OF GOOGLE PHOTOS (THE PINWHEEL APP)
ARE IN PICASSA!!!! Thank god we can at least hide this entire album from showing up on our phones and syncing....
HELP!!!

Here is the post I'm agreeing with:
Thank you but all the option does is just hide it - They are still there if you set the option again. I've tried that, downloaded the Picasa App from Google and deleted all the pictures from there, Turned off every DAMN app the synch's to the cloud and they are still there. Something is amiss!!!!!

I think they have a rogue App and your pictures are going to be out there FOREVER!!!!

hoorayscience

Jan 26, 2017
Visit site
The way I had to do it( I have an s5), I went to my accounts set on the phone and clicked on the Google one and went to my sync options and turned off Picasa and the photo sync then went to my settings > application manager > all > gallery > delete catche and data> force stop and restarted my phone, that's all that would work for me.

This. Thank you so so much,

boohoo_195 196

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
To memii4447:

You my friend are a lifesaver! I had tried everything above and it was so confusing, I could not get anywhere. When I tried your method with the three dots it worked perfectly! I care not whether they are still there; at least they're still hidden and that is my main focus. Perhaps somewhere down the road, someone can make it as easy to delete them as it was your genius that came up with this particular solution... kudos!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy