I dropped my galaxy s5 on a hard floor and since then the the screen has been mis behaving, when I try to wake it up, it doesn't or many times it shows an annoying white screen with tiny colored dots and it keeps rebooting itself. I can tell from the duo ds that it's rebootingand working as I hear it receiving mails, eat but the screen is simply . I have to tie out the battery each before it works and it does the same thing only after a few minutes. Can someone please help as only just got this phone and I fear I might have damaged something. Pls help.
    11-08-2014 09:02 PM
    I am sorry to have to tell you, but the screen is broken.

How badly is not known yet, unless you can press on it and recognize that it has unlocked the screen.

If the phone will unlock, then all you need is the display, but even that is expensive. If the Digitizer is broken also, that costs more. Hopefully all that broke is the display.

Once you get it fixed, put a case on it. These phones are extremely slippery as you already know, and they do not like to take solid whacks on concrete floors.

This is the case that I use, it comes in about 8 colors from simple Black to lots of flowers all over it.

* Speck CandyShell Grip- Black/Slate:

it is military grade for protection. Lots of good cases out there though, but I especially chose the Black/Slate model because it has rubbery ridges that keep it from slipping out of your hands.

You might try and see if the 1 year warranty will help you out, if not, most of the Radio Shack stores offer phone repair services.
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    11-08-2014 09:25 PM