So, I've been using my S5 since like 3 or 4 months now and it's been peachy.
    But recently I've noticed a wierd behaviour:

1. Few days ago I wanted to check what time it is, pressed the button - touch keys lighted up but screen stayed dark. Could not do anything and had to remove to battery to restart the phone.
    After the restart friend called saying he was calling earlier and I did not pick up the phone - the call was not mentioned anywhere.

2. Today, like 20 minutes ago I've noticed my S5s screen suddenly light up and then dark back to normal without >any< reason.
    Moment ago I received a call that I've been called multiples time and did not respond - again nothing shows in phone log.

My conclusion (tho not sure if correct) is that during first event something crashed and made it impossible to receive the call. Second time phone managed to get out of the crash (or maybe the phonecall itself caused the crash?) but still did not receive anything during it.

Any idea what it might be? Should I return the phone or wait for Lolipop hoping it will fix this issue?

Thanks in advance guys
    11-10-2014 07:31 AM
    It could be an app you installed that is causing the problem. Try booting into Safe Mode, which prevents 3rd party apps from starting up initially. Ask someone to call you in Safe Mode, and make sure the calls come through. Then start opening apps one by one, seeing if any of them seem to block calls. Obviously, this can be pretty tedious, but it might be the only way to pinpoint a problem app, unless someone else on this forum recognizes the exact same problem and can shed some light on it.

An easier thing to do that might help is a cache partition wipe, which won't erase any personal data: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support
    Morq likes this.
    11-10-2014 09:58 PM
    Thanks a lot for the help, I will try running the phone in safe mode.
    Problem is that it does not always block phonecalls and it happens pretty much on random which means it is hard to test. However I will give phone a go for a few days in safe mode and see if it's 3rd party that causes those issues.

Thanks again!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-11-2014 04:46 AM
    Just happened again - my phone restarted, checked email to learn my mom tried to reach me (she emailed me asking if everythings alright). Called back, yup she called.
    So symptoms are:
    1. Randomly people cannot reach me tho they do receive signal as if I just did not want to pick up the phone
    2. Shortly after the phone restarts.

Doing the cache partition wipe now, hold your fingers crossed!

Edit. Cache done (should I notice any changes in the phone? Because everything is as if i didnt do anything). Back to testing!

Edit. Also decided to switch back from ART to Dalvik, tho it worked flawlessly for at least 2 months.
    11-12-2014 06:33 AM
    Cache done (should I notice any changes in the phone? Because everything is as if i didnt do anything).
    You should not notice any changes to the phone (except sometimes, the performance is a bit smoother!).
    Morq likes this.
    11-12-2014 10:40 AM
    Found this on the net, maybe it can help:

- Hold down the Power key and tap Restart from the menu that appears. The problem might reoccur.
    - Hold down the Power key and select Power off from the menu. Remove the battery and SIM card and replace them, then turn the S5 back on again to see if the problem is gone.
    - If people are struggling to hear you, check the microphone. The microphone is a pin hole on the bottom of the S5. Blow on it or use compressed air to ensure there’s nothing caught in there.
    - This might be related to Bluetooth. If you have a Bluetooth accessory that’s paired within range of the phone then maybe it’s trying to connect. Pull down the notification shade and turn Bluetooth off to check. You might have to go to Settings > Bluetooth and tell it to forget paired devices.
    - Some people found that wiping the cache partition helped. If you want to try it, then turn the S5 off via the Power key and the Power off option. Press and hold Volume up, Home, and the Power key together. When the S5 vibrates, let go of Power. When you see the Android recovery screen, let go of the other two and use Volume down to highlight the wipe cache partition option, then Power to select it.
    Morq likes this.
    11-12-2014 12:32 PM
    Nothing from the above helped including removing battery, wiping cache partition and safe mode. Updated symptoms:
    1. Phone crashes silently - if I leave it untouched it will restart itself in anytime between 30 to 60minutes and will work alright. But during time of crash no calls will go through. If I do touch the phone when it is crashed I will not be able to do much - it will show screen and stay unresponsive first time i unlock it, any another try will result in damn thing being black and only buttions lighting up.
    2. During time of crash noone can reach me - they do get regular signal but i receive no information of anyone calling.

I'm charging it up now and then doing factory reset.
    11-13-2014 12:52 PM
    If the factory reset doesn't fix things, then contact Samsung for a replacement--it sounds like your phone may be a dud.
    Morq likes this.
    11-13-2014 10:45 PM
    So far so good, 5 days after factory reset and the bug did not re-appear.
    I do hope it wont come back - i am not to keen on doing factory reset every 3 months..
    Thanks for all the help guys o/
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-19-2014 11:46 AM