New Google Calendar

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone getting the new Google Calendar app OTA? I'm trying to resist the urge to sideload it. None of our 10 Android devices have gotten it yet. The usual update pattern is that the wife and oldest daughter get it first and I get it about 2 days later followed by the other devices in the next few days.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Where can I find this "new" Google Calendar? I just started using the online Google calendar so builders could schedule jobs with us. Working out great btw so thanks to those that suggested it :)

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Where can I find this "new" Google Calendar? I just started using the online Google calendar so builders could schedule jobs with us. Working out great btw so thanks to those that suggested it :)

I don't think we can post links to where the APKs are, but you can search Google for the 5.0 APK. There are several places.

archer23

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Just sideloaded on my nexus 10. I like the look a lot better, but why do they refuse to add in a full month view widget?

wabyrd

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It looks great but I'll continue using S-calander for this reason.

Posted from my S5

You can use both side by side. On my main screen I have the Google Calendar agenda view widget. I use that one the most and I prefer the Google Calendar app over S-Cal overall. One screen swipe over I have the S-cal month view widget. I also prefer using Google Calendar over S-Cal because there is no S-Cal on my Nexus 7.

amico_pl

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Just got the update via Play Store. This new Google Calendar is a complete disaster! They waste so much of screen real estate and they removed zooming so now I can hardly see a whole day of appointments, not to mention that I cannot read them. Not to mention 5-day week and not full month view? Is Google turning into Microsoft???

It's a pity that they copy the iPhone's calendar and do it poorly. If Android is going this route with Material Design and redesign of all Google apps than I will have no need to shy away from finally switching to iOS and take advantage of much better designed UI in their app eco system.

For now I am stuck with S Planner which turns out to be not so bad product, definitely it has improved a lot since 2012.