Phone keeps saying low memory

fandroid18

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't get it, I deleted a bunch of apps but the storage won't budge. I can't even update apps. I don't know what to do. Is there an app that shows apps by the amount of memory they take? Hope it's not a bug because i dint think I have much.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The reason is, apps by themselves don't take up very much space.... you would have to delete nearly all of them on the phone to even begin to make a really big dent.

But, if you really want to see how big each app is,CleanMaster does that, click on its' Apps Mgr button. use the menu to sort by size.

* Clean Master - Free Optimizer - Android Apps on Google Play

How many pictures and videos do you have in the phone's storage?
That is the easiest way to get more storage space, off load the pictures to a PC, or a SD card, or into the 'cloud' out there somewhere.

StevenBaker

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
You can speed up your slow running galaxy s5 by using these suggested apps, by using both you can customize your phone memory and speedup your phone by cleaning your cache memory in regular basis.
App Cache Cleaner
Clean Master

Ewan Cope

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you got a memory card? A 16gb phone without a memory card is very, very limited as to what it can have because of the size of the OS data and other things. If you get a memory card, try to get a class 10, and 32gb. You can get a free version of app mgr pro that tells you what you can move to the SD card.

Posted via the Android Central App

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes you just need a backup and restore. If you had installed a funky app and it malfunctioned and jacked up other things in your phone you won't be back to normal until you save your contacts and wipe and factory restore as if it came out of the box. I had this issue with an app awhile back. Could never figure out what app it was though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge