Stepbrother came over the other night with a new Note 4.....it's amazing, so huge....so beautiful...my S5 looked like a kids toy next to it.....just wondered if anyone else feels the same way.
    11-13-2014 04:52 PM
    I feel the exact same way. When I pit my note 3 next to my moms s4 (I know it's smaller than the s5) my moms phone looks and feels like a toy

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-13-2014 04:57 PM
    Right? AND contrary to what some people will say, I can use the Note 4 with one hand no problem. ( I have large hands) Uggggg I haven't had this phone long to feel like this....grrrr....first world problems I suppose.
    11-13-2014 05:04 PM
    Compared to the s4, the s5 is too big. That's why I got rid of mine. I'm praying the s6 will be a smaller firm factor.

Posted on my Amazing Note 4!
    11-15-2014 09:44 PM
    My S5 is no small than it was before the Note 4 came out So no, I don't "feel" like it's too small. I couldn't handle a larger phone (my hands are small). And there just comes a point to where bigger isn't better! That's what tablets are for I'm sure if I had both in front of me, I'd ohhh and awww over the larger screen but, for me, it wouldn't be practical.
    11-15-2014 10:15 PM
    My hands are pretty average sized I'd say, maybe even a little on the smaller size, and yet I can handle the note 3 with one hand no problem.

11-15-2014 11:05 PM
    The S5 is easier to handle with one hand though, even if you can effectively use the Note 4 with one hand. So I do see why some would prefer the smaller phone. Especially if you have a larger tablet. It may not make sense to have a larger phone. For me, I like a bigger phone. I wished that the Note 4 was bigger. Maybe 6 inch screen.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!
    11-16-2014 12:45 AM
    Yea it does. I'll probably get the note 4 next week although I'm trying to talk myself out of it. ..
    I would miss being able to use my phone one handed but the note 4 looks so lush and I've been missing my note 3.

Posted from my S5
    11-16-2014 01:53 AM
    YES! I got my S5 after having an iPhone 4 (3.5 inch screen!) so the S5 screen felt huge. Now I find myself tempted by the Note 4's screen though........ But I feel like I haven't had the S5 long enough to justify jumping over. We'll see....
    11-16-2014 03:37 AM
    My Note 4 feels normal to me already. S5 looks so tiny haha

11-16-2014 03:56 AM
    I came from a Blackberry 9930 phone (now that is a small screen phone). I have 60+ year old eyes and the S5 screen size is a perfect fit for me. I can see it....read it...easy on the eyes.....without taking my glasses off. The size of the S5 works for me. I want a phone that fits good in my hand without being huge. I don't want to be walking around using a tablet size phone. Like the old saying goes......size isn't everything.
    11-16-2014 06:56 AM
    I came from a Blackberry 9930 phone (now that is a small screen phone). I have 60+ year old eyes and the S5 screen size is a perfect fit for me. I can see it....read it...easy on the eyes.....without taking my glasses off. The size of the S5 works for me. I want a phone that fits good in my hand without being huge. I don't want to be walking around using a tablet size phone. Like the old saying goes......size isn't everything.
    Ha, that's exactly what I want, a tablet phone with a pen.

11-16-2014 07:33 AM
    I NEED THE NOTE 4 ME WANT NOTE 4... IN MY HE MAN VOICE...... but the S5 is no baby I watch movies all the time via [redacted] and they look great. I just want the note phone but no way is my S5 going anywhere. Soon as I fix the charger door she good as new.. lol

11-16-2014 08:31 AM
    I used to think the S4 was big when I got it last year today I mistakenly took it for an S4 mini lol

I'm wondering if flagship phones will continue to get bigger next year

11-16-2014 12:10 PM
    I used to think the S4 was big when I got it last year today I mistakenly took it for an S4 mini lol

I'm wondering if flagship phones will continue to get bigger next year

I think they will. Just when I think that they have gotten too big, a bigger one comes out.

11-16-2014 12:42 PM
    Nope. The s5 is the perfect size for me. My s3 was too small and the note is too big. Before I got the s5 I debated on getting the note but it made me feel like I had an iPhone mini up to my ear. 😂😂

Posted via Android Central App
    11-16-2014 12:48 PM
    And here I am wishing for a smaller phone. There are things that I'll miss about the Note, but a phone that I can actually grip while using it would be nice.

While walking the dog, I like to fiddle with the phone (music, chat, talk, etc.). On the note, the phone is very vulnerable to sudden accidents as my hand must lay wide open to handle it one-handed while working it. If the dog lunges (see's a squirrel or cat), the jerk or the leash crossing over will knock it from my hand.

If I could curl my hand around and operate the phone, I'd be safe from this issue.

So basically, with the Note, you have to be in a very calm, smooth environment in order to avoid accidents. That's annoying.

One more thing, you'll need to have huge, baggy carpenter pants if you want the phone in your pocket comfortably.

..and One more thing, if you want to put it into a strong, protective case... you'll need bigger pants...and hands.

Every other thing about the Note is wonderful for sure
    11-16-2014 08:18 PM
    I don't have a big palm. S5 is just the right size for me. BTW I have a note 3 too.
    11-16-2014 08:24 PM
    And here I am wishing for a smaller phone. There are things that I'll miss about the Note, but a phone that I can actually grip while using it would be nice.

While walking the dog, I like to fiddle with the phone (music, chat, talk, etc.). On the note, the phone is very vulnerable to sudden accidents as my hand must lay wide open to handle it one-handed while working it. If the dog lunges (see's a squirrel or cat), the jerk or the leash crossing over will knock it from my hand.

If I could curl my hand around and operate the phone, I'd be safe from this issue.

So basically, with the Note, you have to be in a very calm, smooth environment in order to avoid accidents. That's annoying.

One more thing, you'll need to have huge, baggy carpenter pants if you want the phone in your pocket comfortably.

..and One more thing, if you want to put it into a strong, protective case... you'll need bigger pants...and hands.

Every other thing about the Note is wonderful for sure
    The one handed use is something that I'd really miss if I got the note 4 and that's why I'm hesitating. There are times when one hand is in use I. E I'm carrying shopping bags but I can still operate my phone with the other hand. This just wouldn't be possible with the Note. Also I'd loose the water proofing.

Posted from my S5
    11-17-2014 01:49 AM
    My S5 is no small than it was before the Note 4 came out So no, I don't "feel" like it's too small. ... And there just comes a point to where bigger isn't better! That's what tablets are for
    I feel the same way. The S5 is just right for sending and receiving information on the fly but if I have to do real work, that's what tablets or notebooks are for.
    11-17-2014 10:16 AM
    I came from the iPhone 5 and the S5 seemed huge, now that I've had the S5 for a little over 6 months I've gotten used to it and thinking of upgrading to the Note 4 for the larger display :-) I don't really need the stylus and don't know how often I would use it but the larger display is calling my name. I think it would cost me about $200 to get the Note 4 as I'm not eligible for an upgrade yet and I'd have to pay the sales tax as well (AT&T Next program) so I just have to decide if it's worth it to me.
    11-17-2014 12:13 PM
    My opinion on this is simple. If you want a tablet then get a tablet. The Note 4 isn't a bad phablet but it's just that..a phablet. I think it's funny when I see someone holding a Note 4 to there ear, makes there head look tiny, lol!
    11-18-2014 06:15 AM
    My opinion on this is simple. If you want a tablet then get a tablet. The Note 4 isn't a bad phablet but it's just that..a phablet. I think it's funny when I see someone holding a Note 4 to there ear, makes there head look tiny, lol!
    Unless they had a gigantic head. Then it would look normal.

TeritorialDemon likes this.
    11-18-2014 06:16 AM
    Funny when I hear people at work talk about phone size. It's the same with cars. Some like big monster SUVs, others like small compact sports cars.

They've each got a use case and different things one can do that the other can't. Same with phones.

For me - a form factor like the S5, and a tablet on the side.

11-18-2014 06:19 AM