S5 battery loose and creaking

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi, is it normal for a 4 day old GS5 (SM-G900H) to creak when you apply a bit of pressure on the lower back part of the phone? Mine makes a pretty audible creak/click sound every time I lightly press on the lower part of the battery door. After a bit of investigation, it seems like the battery is slightly loose, as in it pops out quite easily when the battery door is removed. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

megagene

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yup. creaky backs is par for the course with Samsung phones with removable battery covers. My S3 used to creak when I applied a little pressure and now my S5 creaks even more than my S3 ever did. It was actually annoying me pretty badly, so I bought a case (which is something I almost never do as I prefer my phones au naturel) and now it doesn't really creak since the case covers it up.

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My wireless charging back makes my S5 creak like crazy. It bothered me enough that I'm just using the normal cover. I suppose I could put a case on it but prefer the no-case feel.

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah perhaps I'm just not used to using phones with removable battery doors, coming from an iPhone i've never experienced any creaking issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have heard that a few times, usually though after installing a Qi wireless receiver card.

But I always keep my phone in a case to prevent dropping it. I also keep a neckstrap tied onto the case to help prevent the phone from getting away from me.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I would venture to think it's because of the water proof rubber seal lifting the back slightly causing the creak.