I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. Recently i've noticed my battery started to inflate. I research around and found out that it was a result of over charging and using the phone while it is charging. I am guilty of doing these two things... alot. So i decided to buy a new battery. My phone battery drains extremely quick. A few hours ago i was playing on my phone when all of a sudden it shut down. It was 30% before it shut down and when i plugged in the charger it was at 0%. I thought this was just a problem with the inflated battery. I went out and bought a new battery from a metro PCS store. When i got home i was using it and the same thing happen. It shut down at 30%. this happened again with the new battery Can someone help me with this problem.
    11-15-2014 08:51 PM
    Does your phone get hot?
    Did you check in battery settings to see if you can locate what's draining the battery?

A battery from metro pcs is original... So I doubt it's the battery.
    I'm leaning towards a hardware failure of the phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317
    11-15-2014 11:43 PM
    Contrary to what you have read about using the phone while it is charging, that will NOT cause damage to the battery.

And, the battery will NOT overcharge either...... the internet hangs onto "bad info" forever because the internet does not expire........ what you read is only applicable to ancient battery technology and chargers.

Samsung built in a smart charger chip to prevent that from happening and the new battery technologies are far better than what we had many years ago. NiCad batteries were horrible about being mistreated.

the technical explanation is very long, but suffice it to say, your S5's battery did not expire prematurely from overcharging or using it while being charged.
    11-16-2014 04:32 AM