08-14-2018 04:14 PM
37 12
tools
    Thanks for this, it was driving me nuts and this did the trick. I can still open Google if I want to do a search and have voice texting, but on MY terms and not when the *&^% phone wants to! This is a sanity saver for sure...
    11-12-2015 11:51 PM
    There is no engage "advanced mode" under settings>about phone. How else do you do this to get to buttons>pick action for long press? Do you need a third party app for this? I'm using an S7. There isn't even a settings>buttons option in the settings. I've looked in about phone and in advanced settings, and can't find button options for the long press anywhere.
    04-17-2016 10:59 PM
    I found solution. Go to application manager then go to Google search in (all) column. Now open it and turn it off. Now you will never face this again.
    05-20-2016 06:42 AM
    This unfortunately doesn't work either. There is no google search listed under all apps. There are no columns. Also, even if this did work it still does not let me choose what I want the button to do.
    05-20-2016 10:31 PM
    I know what you mean, it's so annoying but I found the solution.
    go to settings, application manager, scroll to the right where it says "all" and look for "google app", press it and press "turn off"
    hit "ok" and then "uninstall" once you do that long-press home button and select "always" on the option of "do nothing"

I hope that I didn't confuse yourself.
    peace
    THANKYOU very much, this worked on my original Note Edge (SM-N915G running 6.0.1) got sick of all the extra stuff bogging down the pitiful amount of ram my phone has (compared to new phones, and it doesn't go bzzzzzzzzzzzt too)
    11-04-2016 11:09 PM
    It actually does work on note 4.worked on mine. Problem is you no longer have access to the Google mic at the top or on the keyboard. You have to type every thing in. I'm big on speaking my searches. So this is no good for me. I still need a solution to keep my 10 year old from using my data excessively. Got every online app locked. Can't stop long press to google.
    11-22-2016 10:38 AM
    Application the default application scroll down to device assistance app click blue highlight google then click none then long press home button disabled
    12-12-2016 01:31 PM
    Guys the way to fix this is go to settings>applications>default apllications>device assistance click on it and turn it off then bam its gone

Device assistance app will be set to google set it as none
    NRoyer likes this.
    01-10-2017 10:08 PM
    Worked perfectly on Galaxy S7. Thank you!
    02-17-2017 03:38 PM
    Guys the way to fix this is go to settings>applications>default apllications>device assistance click on it and turn it off then bam its gone

This worked to get rid of it on my Note 4 but I did like having quick access to just plain Google Search by using the long press home. Guess I'll now have to put a widget on one of my home screens. Google in their infinite "wisdom" thinks they know how everyone wants their phone to work.
    03-11-2017 11:41 AM
    Not sure if still relevant

On the galaxy s8 go to settings then advanced features then device assistant app then click on device assistant app and choose none

Now when i hold home button nothing happens so hope it helps
    11-27-2017 02:45 PM

This IS the correct solutions. Thank you!
    08-14-2018 04:14 PM
37 12