I recently received my new Galaxy S5. My son pointed out that there should be a "Golf Mode" for the camera. Sure enough I do not have it and it does not appear as being available in the downloads. How do I get this mode on my phone? I'm with AT&T if that helps. Thanks!
    11-16-2014 06:03 PM
    I'm on T-Moble, there's no Golf mode.

But if you go to your camera, open up the modes, scroll down to the bottom where it lists 'Download', you can download 'Sports Shot'. I read that Golfers use that mode. I think that might be what you're looking for, unless as you mentioned, it could be carrier specific...like maybe Verizon.
    11-16-2014 06:14 PM
    Thanks. I did download "Sports Shot" but it is not the same thing as Golf Mode.
    11-16-2014 06:16 PM
    Sequence Shot
    HelloNNNewman likes this.
    11-17-2014 02:32 AM
    Samsung has a bad habit of making camera modes on some of there galaxy phones and not others,I wish they would be more consistant with features.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-20-2015 11:07 AM
    OP -- For the S5, I believe there is a "Sequence Shot" feature (as mentioned above) for this type of picture taking (but not labeled 'golf shot'):
    Sequence Shot takes a rapid burst of shots then plays them back in slow motion, capturing movement. The final images aren't particularly high resolution, but they could help golfers analyse their swing or gymnasts improve their form on the balance beam.
    You can also check this link out to see if it helps: http://gs5.wonderhowto.com/how-to/ta...xy-s5-0157854/
    01-20-2015 02:00 PM
    This is a very specific mode to golf. It actually detects the setup and swing to start the video capture. It is not just a high speed capture. Very cool mode, but I have not seen it as a download anywhere, nor does Samsung or the carriers seem to promote it as a cool feature. You can use it without another person to trigger video capture, since it detects the pattern of an actual shot setup. the end product provides:

Composite static shot (static compound time-lapse image of the swing, classic strobe style)
    Slow motion video of the swing and shot. This is "scrubbable" where you can view it as a slow motion video or manually slide the progress bar to study the shot. And....
    Clubhead speed reading, frame by frame in the upper right corner.
    01-22-2015 07:43 AM
    Have you ever been able to get it working? I cannot believe how Samsung would remove something that was actually rather useful and unique. GRRR
    09-12-2015 06:52 AM