I'm in the process of converting my iTunes music files to mp3, using Ondesoft iTunes Converter. How do I upload these 'new' mp3 files to my phone so I can access them in Music? BTW, my computer is a Mac, if that matters.

Thanks in advance.

11-17-2014 03:24 PM
    You can connect your phone and copy the files to it, just as if it were a thumb drive. You can use third party tools like Samsung's Kies or it's Migration tools or a 3rd party app like DoubleTwist, too. But the easiest, most straight forward way is just copy/paste the files.
    11-17-2014 03:30 PM
    There are many ways to do this. My favorite is to install Google Music manager on your Mac, then it can be set to upload everything in your iTunes to Google Play Music in your Google account (do that overnight - it's slow). You don't need to convert file formats first. Your Google Play Music account will sync with its app on your Galaxy and let you download whichever parts of your library you wish. You can also leave it all up there in Google's cloud and stream it, although that is data intensive if you're not using WiFi.

The reason I prefer this method over others is that, with an Android phone, sooner or later you'll find that Google's cloud services are more convenient than anyone else's.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    11-17-2014 03:32 PM
    Like Spookdroid said, connecting the phone to the computer and c/p or drag and drop. I BT items if it's just one or two items like a song or picture but for a big transfers, c/p or drag and drop is the fastest and easiest.
    11-17-2014 03:51 PM
    How do I get my phone to appear on Finder when it's plugged into the computer? Without that I can't c/p.
    11-17-2014 05:06 PM
    It should just appear there. AFAIK you don't need drivers for Mac...

When you plug it in, does any 'mode' appear on your phone? Does anything happen in your Mac when you do?
    11-17-2014 05:18 PM
    Darn, it seems I might have been wrong and the Mac doesn't support MTP natively :S And since Android, for whatever reason, did away with normal USB Storage Mode, you do need a driver to see it.

I guess your only choice is to use Kies... Kies
    11-17-2014 05:22 PM
    Hey Marty. One option is also if you do that with the Koofr app. First you upload music from your computer to the Koofr app - then you access the Koofr app from your phone (available for iOS, android and windows phone) - and download music to your phone library. Let me know how it worked
    11-18-2014 08:28 AM
    I have used the USB connect with copy/paste before, but I am often seeing errors: copying gets interrupted saying the device (the phone) is no longer responding. Or sometimes the copy is successful (it says), but the files are not on the phone. It's quite frustrating to see features that previously worked without error, now malfunctioning.

Has anyone else seen this problem? If so, is there anyway to correct this?

Using Galaxy S5 (Samsung-SM-G900A), Android 5.0, kernel version 3.4.0-4432708 connecting to my Windows 7 PC

08-21-2016 01:20 AM
    Get a USB adapter that supports SD cards and use your PC. Microsoft has a nice, free utility - RichCopy. I'm not sure if I can post links here, so Google is your friend. Pull your SD card, stuff it into the adapter, and plug the adapter into your PC. You should be able to get it to mount as a drive letter. Note - RichCopy is folder based not file based. It will copy the contents of a folder from the source to the destination. You cannot select individual files. You may need to create some folders on the SD card. I copied over 7GB of music to my SD card one evening. I'm also using an S5.

Another reason to use RichCopy is it preserves creation dates. If you just copy your photos from your SD card to your PC with a drag and drop, or copy command, they will all look like you took them on the same day when you sort. All of the file creation dates will be the same. RichCopy will maintain / preserve the creation dates.

Regarding the files not appearing on the phone - I have had an issue where I copy a bunch of photos to my Samsung Tablet and it took the device (gallery app?) a while to recognize that the files were there. It may take a bit of time for the files to get indexed(?) so the apps know they are there - just guessing here.
    08-23-2016 09:54 PM
    I am having trouble with mp3s being transferred from my PC to my S5 (G900A). Using a CD ripper using Roxio Music Lab 10. On playback they play great for 4 secs then take off like a bat out of heck! Is there a fix, or is Roxio now out of date? Suggestions are very appreciated! A CHAT LIVE on Samsung gave me no help at all!
    04-17-2017 12:37 PM