Dropbox

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Dropbox seems to create problems so I removed it and the problem went away. I'm using it with mailbox as that has something to cause the problem. What does Dropbox do and can I live without it.

Posted via the Android Central App

SilverRocket88

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
it's just cloud storage, same as google drive You can definitely live without it but it's useful to have if you run out of space or want to back something up or access it elsewhere! :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What kind of problem was it causing? Was Dropbox preinstalled on the phone? If so, are you sure you deleted it? Preinstalled apps typically can't be deleted, only disabled.

But as mentioned by AstronautAbort123, it's another cloud storage solution. Google Drive should work just as well for you, unless you want a lot of storage for free (Google Drive gives you 15 GB for free, and you might temporarily have more as part of a promotion).

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Just my personal preference but I'd never store any data on Google. They already have enough of my personal data as it is. :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes--but if you use any cloud storage, someone will have your data. As much as people may worry about Google and privacy, I personally feel comfortable with their security and efforts at maintaining privacy. I just don't store documents that include all of my passwords or bank accounts or other ultra-sensitive data in the cloud--I'll just keep those stored locally on multiple devices.

Last edited: