Why do my files become corrupted after transferring to sd card on galaxy s5?

Antonio Brown

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
My issue was with my memory card. Although i bought it off ebay it turned out to be a fake samsung card. After googling and downloading software to check it came up as fake and I returned it and got a real one from bestbuy and didn't have any issues. If having issues just google fake sd card test or something to that effect and use the program to check your cards.

Nicholas Frillman

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
This has to do with file system formatting in most cases and file size. Certain formats such as FAT32 cannot utilize or execute files larger than 5 gb. I would back it all up to your PC, format the card using the ntfs and then try to move the files again. On my LG I can watch videos that are 10GB using the ntfs

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Same issue.Note 3 phone. OEM Samsung 64 gb ext sd card got corrupted trying to download an audio .rar file. Tried cmd chkdsk and got message "CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives". I really do not want to format this card. any other suggestions?

Skyla Twisted Psyco

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
i have this same problem with my Samsung galaxy grand prime i have worked with over 3 different SD cards and the others work but my 64GB SD has stopped working i don't understand why or how but it wont work. i have lost over 250 songs and a few hundred
pictures... i don't know what to do

megan sokolowski

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
hello,

sorry for my english i'm french guy

yesterday, i make two videos of hold-up whose juste arrived in front of me, i was in my car so i was safe.

After the police arrived, a cop do what i think a good manipulation, he transfer video in internal storage to my external card directly on the Note 3. And I think that I would have done the same thing. but the transfer has not worked, the vidéo disapeared from the repertory camera but not arrived in the folder camera in the external card.

I precise the card is a sandisk ultra plus 64 go class 10.

They have try to get back the video but impossible, so if you can help me we can refind this video.

Now a new folder appaer with two file but they are corrupt. How can i do?

Hi!,
Get a Google plus account and have all of your photos and videos auto back up there and you will get your pictures and videos back. I have no fix for the phone camera though sorry.
Mega

Md Siam

Jun 4, 2017
Visit site
Ohh what to say bro ..i am having exactly the same problem with my SanDisk 32gig card in my J5 2016 ...any solutions found??

akunze000

Dec 20, 2018
Visit site
Okay, I don't have a solution to the corruption of files, but I have noticed that it only happens when I try to load more than 10GB of music to my Galaxy S5 with a Samsung microSDXC UHS-I 128GB card inserted. In the back of my mind, I think I knew that was the problem, as some computing devices often state you can only use "up to" a certain size storage component. If I go over 10GB, I have to live without the last files that won't transfer because deleting previously transferred files to make room at the end doesn't work. Otherwise, I have to reformat and start all over again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds more like that card might be counterfeit. It might be an 8 or 16 GB card programmed to report that it has 128 GB. Run SD Insight to see if the card is what it says it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney