Mobile data not working

Parham Goudarzi

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi. It's been a while since I've encountered this issue. When I'm on mobile data, It works only on some certain apps like clash of clans. But, when I want to use it in my browser, nothing shows up and it doesn't work. And I have to connect to a proxy to use the browser on mobile data. I have deleted the proxy app but it's the same problem. Any ideas?

Posted via the Android Central App

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Hmm how did you resolve the issue last time you had it?

Posted via Nexus 7 2013 or verizon Galaxy S5 or maybe one day through my moto 360

grumpyom2003

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For over 2 weeks I've been having mobile data and wireless issues both of my Nexus 4s. This started prior to the v5 rollout. My phone was upgraded to 5, my wife's is still on 4.4.4. The phones had been just fine until one day after some pre-v5 updates, we both started experiencing intermittent problems: mobile text and data would drop and not reconnect, I could not connect to some public open wireless networks that I had used before. Texting worked on boot for a few minutes to 30 minutes, then it shut down. Interestingly, I was in the Phoenix, AZ area last week and had no problems. Back home in western NC these issues persist on AT&T. I tried every APN I could find, changed the battery saving settings, and even flashed a couple of earlier radio/modem firmware. I did see an article today that v5 upgrades have been suspended by Google due to similar wireless issues in Europe. Mobile data was not mentioned. If this should be posted elsewhere, please advise. In short, it appears to be some revised code that may be sensitive to carriers and their site equipment.

Gary

grumpyom2003

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Problem solved! I flashed one phone with CyanogenMod CM11 and had the same wifi, mobile data issues. On one of their forums, someone posted a fix by disabling Google Voice. On my CM11 phone, I never installed Google Voice, so on a hunch, I downloaded and installed it from Google Play. Then I opened it up and took it up to the point of signing up for a Google Voice number. I exited the setup, went to APPS, and disabled Google Voice. Voile! My wife's phone was at 4.4.4 exibiting the same issues. I did the same thing, and her texting/wifi came to life. Both phones have been solid for over a day, seamless transistioning from wifi to mobile data and never losing SMS.

Gary

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23