Always get authentification failed message
    11-20-2014 06:32 AM
    Me too, using a Go Daddy email account. I've already contacted both Samsung and Go Daddy without any resolution yet. I was advised to reset my phone to factory default, but I am exhausting every option before I do that. Ken from Go Daddy is looking into it...keeping my fingers crossed!
    11-20-2014 07:59 AM
    Yahoo works on my S5 (Sprint). You did grab the Yahoo app from the Play Store right? It's easier than trying to setup the *stock* email app. "Authentication failed" *usually* indicates a problem with login.
    11-20-2014 08:25 AM
    Mine is a DNS issue...Go Daddy is going to fix it. It's nothing that can be done by the user. I hope you get a resolution Anne!
    11-20-2014 01:28 PM
    Me too, using a Go Daddy email account. I've already contacted both Samsung and Go Daddy without any resolution yet. I was advised to reset my phone to factory default, but I am exhausting every option before I do that. Ken from Go Daddy is looking into it...keeping my fingers crossed!
    Bluemail is capable being used for yahoo as well as your GoDaddy account. My website and website email are both with GoDaddy and work fine with Bluemail..
    11-20-2014 08:34 PM
    I've never heard of Bluemail...
    11-25-2014 07:40 PM
    yahoo is not working for my s4
    11-25-2014 08:04 PM
    Blue mail in my opinion is the best email app for Android. It supports many email services..
    It is in the Google Play store..

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk
    11-25-2014 08:23 PM
    I've been using the Gmail app for my yahoo account, it's working great.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-25-2014 11:01 PM
    I use the myMail app. It is very quick, easy to use, and accommodates all my email accounts. Its look is very similar to the new Gmail set-up.

S5 on VZW
    11-26-2014 07:23 AM
    Works great and setup was easy with the new Gmail app.
    11-26-2014 11:58 AM
    Try this....
    To setup your device mail client, you need to create an app password on Yahoo, in your account Info section (my mobile is a LG3) .
    Sign into Yahoo Mail as you normally do on a Desktop Computer (can not do on a mobile device). Go to (top right). Help then Account Info . Scroll down to Sign- In and Security , Setup your second sign-in verification, click onto. It will bring you back to sign into Mail, go on and sign in, it then will bring you to Set up your sign-in verification. Go down to App passwords. Click onto Generate app password. It will generate your password that you then use as your password on your mobile device mail client. You will only use this password this one time . When entering your app password on your device, all you do is key in your ID/name and the app password, then click next. You then name it and next/done.

Hope this helps! It took me a while to find this info on Yahoo, hopefully I save you the trouble. Good luck!!

if there is a way to contact me on here you can do, to get link- new here so not sure..lol
    12-20-2014 11:43 AM
    To setup your device mail client, you need to create an app password on Yahoo, in your account Info section (my mobile is a LG3) .
    Sign into Yahoo Mail as you normally do on a Desktop Computer (can not do on a mobile device). Go to (top right). Help then Account Info . Scroll down to Sign- In and Security , Setup your second sign-in verification, click onto. It will bring you back to sign into Mail, go on and sign in, it then will bring you to Set up your sign-in verification. Go down to App passwords. Click onto Generate app password. It will generate your password that you then use as your password on your mobile device mail client. You will only use this password this one time . When entering your app password on your device, all you do is key in your ID/name and the app password, then click next. You then name it and next/done.

Hope this helps! It took me a while to find this info on Yahoo, hopefully I save you the trouble. Good luck!!

if there is a way to contact me on here you can do, to get link- new here so not sure..lol
    Heccyd likes this.
    12-20-2014 11:44 AM
    Thank you SO MUCH for this - finally installed yahoo mail to my Galaxy S4. You're a star!! x
    04-25-2015 06:22 AM
    Finally, someone understood my dilemma!! Thank you!! Verizon was clueless as to how to set up my Yahoo mail on the Samsung Galaxy 6. It would be helpful if Yahoo did not make it so difficult to set up. I was using the Yahoo app, but it was draining my data. I am able to use the Email app (for Yahoo), and life is good.
    07-13-2015 01:16 PM
    How do I setup Yahoo mail on the Samsung Galaxy S5?-8naub.gif
    Finally. Thank you.
    08-15-2015 01:18 PM
    Queen70003 - you are not just a Queen . . . .you are an angel. Thank you. You are most kind with your assistance.
    11-09-2015 10:48 PM
    use Blue Mail free on play store
    11-16-2015 07:14 PM
    Hello yahoo people.

The problem is that At&T merged with yahoo email.

Since the merge, there are glitches and they need to create new software to correct
    the glitch.

Here's the fix: Go to the play store and type in; yahoo mail (with a space).

Download and install to your device.

Yahoo email will be in your apps where you can login and start using your yahoo account.

At&T techs are working on a software solution and will update all yahoo users.

This fix may also help with other cell phone providers.

I hope this is helpful with all frustrated yahoo account users.

Joe Zeher
    12-06-2016 09:53 PM
    There's also this relatively new issue with Yahoo making it harder to use email client apps: https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html. They call it a security "feature" to prevent email clients from accessing Yahoo, but I suspect it was part of their public response to the huge security breach they had in 2014. I would turn off that security option if you want to continue using email client apps for Yahoo Mail; otherwise, install the Yahoo Mail app, as joe zeher suggested.
    12-06-2016 11:12 PM