Why is my Galaxy 5 having problems when the SD card is installed?

jryley88

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy 5 Problems when SD card is installed

This is my third Galaxy to do this. The phone works great until I install an SD card and move my music/data to it. Then the phone starts acting weird, suddenly jumping to homescreen during use, when I go to unlock it the touchscreen will just not work or freeze up momentarily. Sometimes the screen will just go black.

I thought it may be the card I was using, so this latest phone came with a brand new 16GB card, and I put it in and still having the same issues?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy 5 Problems when SD card is installed

Welcome to Android Central! I hate to sound like a broken record, but Samsung devices have a reputation here for not playing nice with SD cards, even though they're all supposed to support them. I hope people don't think that I'm anti-Samsung or something--I'm just basing this on the very many threads I've seen on this forum and others regarding Samsung and SD cards.

How are you moving the music and data to the card? Are you doing it from within the phone? Have you tried moving the music files directly from computer to SD (while the card is inserted in the computer)?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae