I see no difference between 4.4.4. and 4.4.3

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So just got the update....phone says it's now 4.4.4. looking at this web site : Android - 4.4 KitKat

I've been able to just say OK Google for as long as I can remember.....I've had the elaborate art work while listening to music , been able to pause and control from lock screen, my phone dialer is the same...as well as messages....new phone app? Umm no...looks nothing like the one on that web page...still the same...

What am I not getting?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The 4.4.4 update wasn't a huge one. I believe one of the primary fixes was a security patch for an SSL vulnerability. There might have been various other carrier-associated updates as well, depending on which carrier you have. Verizon usually gives more details on its website, under the device support page.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Also don't forget that Android on the S5 (or any Samsung smartphone for that matter) is going to look different than stock Android. That's because Samsung (for the worst) insists on skinning everything with TouchWiz and using their own apps. The phone dialer is a Samsung app, Messages is a Samsung app, you could very well be using the Samsung Music app, etc. Those aren't really going to look any different from one iteration of Android to the next. Even the upgrade to Android 5.0 won't bring that many GUI improvements because Samsung is going to carry over TouchWiz which means all their devices (across multiple generations) will still look very similar.

Plus small incremental X.X.X updates (i.e. 4.4.3 to 4.4.4) tend to carry under-the-hood updates for added security, performance tweaks, bug patches, etc. It's only the more major X.X and X updates (i.e. 4.2 to 4.3 or 4.4 to 5.0) that start to tweak the GUI.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol