Lollipop 5 & TouchWiz & Nova Prime

Mojave

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am using Nova Launcher Prime on my S5. Once the update for Lollipop 5 becomes available....should I return to TouchWiz BEFORE upgrading to Lollipop 5 or stay with Nova? Would it make a difference? Thank you.

diego.roscetti

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Interested to know an answer to this as well. I guess it all depends if TouchWiz on Lollipop is the same as Lollipop on kit Kat.

If it is, for me, I will be using Nova on Lollipop.

Posted via Android Central App

bandityo

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Your Launcher has nothing to do with a system update. It's just the way the system is presented to you. You will get the lollipop update regardless of your launcher.

Posted via the Android Central App

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
When you do get the update I would bet that the phone is going to ask if you want touch wiz or nova launcher as your default launcher. Any time I've taken update that's what happens. Hopefully you'll be getting that update sooner than later ☺

Sent from my rooted Vzw LG G3 on a couch in Portland Oregon

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The reviews on 'L' have me wondering if I even want to allow an update to 'L'

It seems that L is having a LOT OF PROBLEMS with being way slow, so slow, it is running at only 50 percent of the speed of 4.4.4

Why? Enforced encryption of everything on the phone and NO WAY to turn it OFF

this is NOT good, if I can't turn it off, I don't want it.

hawkwind212

May 19, 2013
Visit site
When you do get the update I would bet that the phone is going to ask if you want touch wiz or nova launcher as your default launcher. Any time I've taken update that's what happens. Hopefully you'll be getting that update sooner than later ☺

The reason it does that is because there are multiple launchers installed in the device, and the device likes to know which launcher you prefer to be the default launcher. It doesn't matter what kind of launcher it is or what circumstance it's under(backup, update, installing).

Sent from my LG-E980

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that info 😀
I was just letting the op know this info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma