Why is my keyboard resizing?

Nicholas Willis

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I am a brand new user to the Andriod phone and the Samsung s5. When I'm typing a text message or a comment in Facebook, if I type too fast the screen display will enlarge making everything larger than it needs to be. It acts like I've asked it to zoom in. I am not able to figure out how to make it zoom back out, or make it go back to it's normal size. When it does this zoom in thing, it takes the letters and # out of alignment (if that makes sense) which makes it impossible to continue to type the message. For example, when I type a letter like G, it will display T or R. Or if I hit the back (X ) button, it will display N.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Does it enlarge the entire screen or just the keyboard?

If the first, then it might be an option in the Accessibility Settings. You might be triggering the Zoom mode for visually impaired users by a gesture you do when typing.

If the second case, then you might be hitting a resize button? I know Swiftkey has one and since the Samsung keyboard is based off Swiftkey, there might be a key that you long press or a gesture that toggles a different keyboard mode/size.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci