If you order the Verizon S5 online(BestBuy, VZW, etc), was the VZW SIM card inside the sealed box?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
If you order the Verizon S5 online(BestBuy, VZW, etc), was the VZW SIM card inside the sealed box?

My current VZW S5 was purchased at a Best Buy retail store, so I don't remember. The sales associate
did everything and handed me the phone when she wanted me to make a test call with it.

I just ordered another VZW S5 from BestBuy's website. I'd like to know if the SIM card will be inside the
sealed box or not? I need to destroy the SIM card for obvious reasons, but I'm thinking about possibly
selling it. I figure a sealed box is easier to sell... but I don't want to risk it if the SIM card is inside.

Thanks!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
The SIM card is deactivated the minute you change to a different phone. In fact, I activated a phone I already owned to take the place of the S4 mini while it is in transit to vZW and I get the new S5 back to me. As soon as I hit SUBMIT on the VZW website, it stated that the sim card has been deactivated.

I called VZW just a couple days ago asking about removing the sim card from a S4 mini that I am returning to upgrade to a S5 like I am already using.

they told me to just leave it in the phone, that all new phones come with a new sim card already matched to your phone.
Matched, as in, the Serial Number of the sim card is tied to your phone's IMEI#

There isn't any critical data on the sim card to worry about. it does know what phone # you had, but it don't do anyone else any good at all because that sim card # has been deactivated. It is useless until reactivated by the carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair