If you order the Verizon S5 online(BestBuy, VZW, etc), was the VZW SIM card inside the sealed box?

My current VZW S5 was purchased at a Best Buy retail store, so I don't remember. The sales associate
    did everything and handed me the phone when she wanted me to make a test call with it.

I just ordered another VZW S5 from BestBuy's website. I'd like to know if the SIM card will be inside the
    sealed box or not? I need to destroy the SIM card for obvious reasons, but I'm thinking about possibly
    selling it. I figure a sealed box is easier to sell... but I don't want to risk it if the SIM card is inside.

Thanks!
    11-24-2014 02:19 PM
    The SIM card is deactivated the minute you change to a different phone. In fact, I activated a phone I already owned to take the place of the S4 mini while it is in transit to vZW and I get the new S5 back to me. As soon as I hit SUBMIT on the VZW website, it stated that the sim card has been deactivated.

I called VZW just a couple days ago asking about removing the sim card from a S4 mini that I am returning to upgrade to a S5 like I am already using.

they told me to just leave it in the phone, that all new phones come with a new sim card already matched to your phone.
    Matched, as in, the Serial Number of the sim card is tied to your phone's IMEI#

There isn't any critical data on the sim card to worry about. it does know what phone # you had, but it don't do anyone else any good at all because that sim card # has been deactivated. It is useless until reactivated by the carrier.
    11-24-2014 04:00 PM