Imy s5 fell in. The pool and the touch buttons isn't working
    11-26-2014 04:15 PM
    My s5 fell in a pool with the port open, I let it dry for a day
    You might as well have smashed it with a hammer. See Wet Phone. Letting a wet phone dry is almost certain death, even with the battery removed immediately.

About all you can do to "fix it" now is buy a new one. The cost of cleaning the case and replacing the parts is going to cost more than the retail price of 2 phones.

My standard mantra is that if your pants fall down and your phone falls into water at the same moment, pull the battery out of the phone before pulling your pants up (you have that short a time - and even that long, a second or two, can cause a lot of damage, depending on what's in the water - weak hydrochloric acid, what you have in a chlorinated pool, is deadly to electronics) - then get the phone immersed in alcohol and swish the phone around enough to force all the other stuff out of it as soon as physically possible. I've saved many phones that got wet but in over a decade I only managed to save one phone that was allowed to dry for a few days - and it only lasted a few months after that.

That's why warranties don't cover water damage - they have to replace the phone and reclaim the gold in yours. Your water-damaged phone is worth less than $10 at today's gold price. A couple of zip lock bags, if you're going to be near water, are a LOT cheaper. And make any phone virtually waterproof for at least a couple of minutes of immersion.
    11-26-2014 04:29 PM
    Probably toast. But try putting it in rice. Search the net to see what I'm talking about.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy S5
    Vishal Alexander likes this.
    11-26-2014 04:38 PM
    I'm an old electronics guy, working with the stuff since the mid 50s......

When something gets wet and it is powered up............jerk that battery out NOW!!!!

Never attempt to put power on anything electronic until AFTER it has been thoroughly dried out.

3 ways to do,

1: if you are going to keep using your phone around water, then get yourself an Emergency Kit immediately.
    You need a large Zip Lock bag. A gallon size will work pretty good. Make sure you have enough fresh White Rice on hand to fill that baggie.

Phone Wet? Jerk the battery and leave it out, remove the SIM card and SD card. Place everything in the middle of that bag of rice and close it up. do NOT open that bag for 48 hours..... folks who try to do that in 24 hours are just asking for trouble and need a fat wallet.

2: if you have a Vacuum pump in your garage, or if you don't, run to Harbor Freight and buy one. About 25 bux.
    ......... make a sealed container out of a gallon jar, or a military ammo box, or something. Install a brass nipple on it that will fix a 1/4 inch hose/plastic tubing, etc... Solder or glue the nipple to the lid.

put the phone parts in the vacuum chamber and pump the vacuum down to -26 inches. Leave the parts in that vacuum for 3 hours. if you have most of the water out of the phone, this works like a champ.....

Now it is ready to work again.

3: cellphones have a lot of fancy, heat sensitive chips in them. They cannot handle a lot of heat...... but, you can lay the phone on an oven door and put the temp control on the lowest setting. I used 110-125 degrees on my stuff..... About 3 to 5 hours of low heat will drive out the moisture.... AGAIN, this is not for the faint of heart, too hot, and the phone melts.
    11-26-2014 04:53 PM
    Just in case you didnt see . The phone is working , the only problem is that the screen flickers and that the touch buttons dont work. I didnt ask for a guide on how to rix a wet phone. I asked for help on how to fix the touch buttons. If you cant answer the one question that i asked . Please dismiss yourself
    11-26-2014 09:03 PM
    Just in case you didnt see . The phone is working , the only problem is that the screen flickers and that the touch buttons dont work. I didnt ask for a guide on how to rix a wet phone. I asked for help on how to fix the touch buttons. If you cant answer the one question that i asked . Please dismiss yourself
    And you plainly missed the point.

The phone still has water vapor in it or the touch buttons and the screen would be working like they should.

Don't dismiss good solid help just because you haven't done it.... put that phone in a vacuum container and leave it there for about 3 to 6 hours. For what you are describing, the moisture is deep within the innards and it will take a good long while to suck it all out.

but, a long exposure to a deep, hard vacuum will indeed remove all of the moisture from the phone.
    11-26-2014 09:06 PM
    What a rude response

mary beth
    photoman333 likes this.
    11-26-2014 10:09 PM
    This is your 2nd thread about dropping your phone in a pool. People are trying to tell you the same answers. The phone is wet and it needs to dry. The screen and buttons aren't functioning correctly because water is shorting out the circuits. If you leave the phone on, it will cause permanent damage if it hasn't already.
    11-26-2014 10:09 PM
    They ARE answering the question. You just don't like the answers.

Posted via Android Central App
    Travo79 and Vishal Alexander like this.
    11-27-2014 03:06 AM
    Im sorry, just stressed out
    11-27-2014 06:55 AM
    Im sorry I gotta ask 4give me. Exactly whats was you doing by a pool wth a phone tht is heavily advertised to be water resistant with the port cover open. Im curious being tht the main feature of the S5 is the dust and water resistant when my charging port was broke I was xtra cautious around anything wet. Becuz all I could think about was my port is uncovered protect the phone. And my cautiousness came from knowing this phone is supposed to be water repellant and its not. I feel your pain though. I was just wondering is all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-27-2014 07:32 AM
    There was a huge bug in the pool, so I immediately unplugged my phone to go take a picture, I didn't bother closing the port because I was going to put it back to charge after. While trying to focus in the picture , it slipped out of my hand
    11-27-2014 11:09 AM
    I feel your anguish, but the phone being slippery is precisely the reason that I shopped and shopped until I could find a case that had rubbery ridges to prevent accidental slips.

This case I have is so grippy, that it resists being pulled out of my pocket on purpose. Much less to fall out accidentally like happened to me while cleaning the toilet one day (before it had a case...... and was lucky, it struck the rim and bounced to the tile floor)

My case: * Speck CandyShell Grip- Black/Slate:

that case comes in a lot of beautiful colors, but the black/slate color is the ONLY one with the grip ridges.
    11-27-2014 12:37 PM