Hi, im new here, basically, I've received my new S5 32GB today and I've discovered a ton of issues. First and foremost, the phone has nothing installed, and the phone claims the memory is full.

I then factory resettled, this resulted in a custom boot screen, no 4G anymore and my memory is showing 14GB total space and the memories still full. I'm pulling my hair out and I. Don't know what to do.

I moved away from apple products, I don't wanna feel like I have to go back.

Any help would be amazingly appreciated.
    11-28-2014 11:39 AM
    You said:
    First and foremost, the phone has nothing installed, and the phone claims the memory is full.
    Please elaborate a bit more.

Nothing installed, like in "no factory installed apps period?"

or

You have not installed any new apps yet?

when you did the "Factory Reset", how did you go about that?

via the Settings Menu/Backup and reset/Factory data reset ??

or

did you power off, then do a 3 finger reboot to the root menu? This method is fraught with the ability to make severe mistakes.

Personally, at this point, I would power it off, remove the SD card.
    Power it back up, and then use this method to do the Factory Reset again.

Settings/Backup and reset/Factory data reset

report back as to how that works.

If this does not make the phone come up correctly, then it is time to get a warranty replacement.
    11-28-2014 12:23 PM
    I did it via the boot menu when you power off the device, and restarted it with the home and volume buttons held, I've googled it and it seems to be a common issue. The device is not rooted and has not been connected to a computer from what I know.

I've heard of a program called flash odon or whatever its called, but I'm not sure if that would correct issues. Im not sure if its possible to reinstall the OS.
    11-28-2014 01:46 PM
    Hi, im new here, basically, I've received my new S5 32GB today and I've discovered a ton of issues. First and foremost, the phone has nothing installed, and the phone claims the memory is full.

I then factory resettled, this resulted in a custom boot screen, no 4G anymore and my memory is showing 14GB total space and the memories still full. I'm pulling my hair out and I. Don't know what to do.

I moved away from apple products, I don't wanna feel like I have to go back.

Any help would be amazingly appreciated.
    Where the hell did u get a 32gb Gs5?

Posted by my Note 4, or Nexus 9...****, maybe by a Note 2014 ed. or hell...maybe it was this Nexus 4 or 5...oh, snap...there's Nexus 7. okay, I need to clean...
    11-28-2014 02:09 PM
    He may have the Chinese S5 knock-off. I know that device has a "burned-almost-S5" ROM, and it has some real issues.
    11-29-2014 06:59 AM
    You received it so you got it in the mail? From where did you purchase it

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-29-2014 07:18 AM
    Plot twist. The phone is indeed a Chinese knock-off. I'm new to the Android community and I never knew people would counterfeit an item. I bought it off ebay, the seller had 100% feedback with a score of 80, the listing DID NOT STATE it was a decoy. I have contacted the seller and reported him/her, as I understand counterfeit items is a breach of the terms and conditions. the seller is called 'offers2buy' have a look and see, I don't quite understand how his feedback is so high.

I new something was wrong when I realized the phone felt cheap, the bezel was plastic and the camera said 13MP instead of the promised 16. The phone was jittery and the display didn't look like it had the promising HD Amoled.

I was beginning to feel like Android devices were screwing me over, but to find it was a fake gave me a sense of relief. Basically, they're genuine counterparts have much more to offer and are better quality.
    11-29-2014 03:31 PM
    Have you posted a negative feedback? The seller has none yet.
    11-29-2014 03:50 PM
    Under the resolution center, it appeared to be that the supplier gave it in error.
    11-30-2014 07:29 AM