Can I get some Bluetooth help?

qwiktune

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth HELLLPPPP

Ok long story short I just got the Galaxy S5 from the Galaxy Nexus (yes the first one, been awhile since i updated). My old phone paired and connected to my JVC head unit in my car just fine first try. Phone came up on the screen as well as the pairing number and I believe I entered it and done. With my Galaxy S5 the phone finds the device, shows the phone on the head unit as well as the matching pairing number. Only options i have on the phone is Ok and Cancel showing the matching number. I hit ok, thinks for a few seconds and tells me the Pin or Passcode doesnt match. Its shows the exact same pin on the headunit as the phone?

Things I've tried.
Clearing all previous paired phones from the headunit.
Clearing all data from bluetooth cache and restarting phone
Checking discovery mode while attempting also
Must have attempted about 20 times, same result.

Please help, i dont understand what I'm supposed to do....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth HELLLPPPP

Welcome to Android Central! I've seen other posts similar to this. It may be a compatibility issue with the newer phone. What model is the JVC head unit? You may want to contact JVC and ask them if there are any known compatibility issues with the S5.

qwiktune

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site

Its a JVC KD-S79BT. Its just doesnt make sense that they see eachother, the HD listed the phone and both display same Pin number, but when i hit ok, it fails saying its not the same Pin...like wtf?

I'm gonna double check with my Nexus tonight and maybe sure that will reconnect and try again a few more time. Looking like my only option might be a new HU =\

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

I also have a lot of issues pairing my S5 to my tacoma factory headunit. Sometimes it pairs right up and sometimes the phone won't connect. The headunit always sees the phone and reads the title, but the phone won't connect. I have no idea why.