04-02-2016 05:23 PM
143 ... 3456
tools
    I'm using MAILBOX as a email client. How do I block email? I realize that I can mark them as spam, but I don't want them in my inbox at all. Thanks.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network
    11-13-2015 01:50 PM
    If it's an IMAP account, like Gmail, you can login to the webmail interface with a browser and setup mail filters. You can filter mail by sender, subject, keywords etc. The filtered mail need never hit your inbox
    11-13-2015 02:04 PM
    Thanks. How do I tell if it's an IMAP account?

11-13-2015 03:22 PM
    Look in Settings at the Incoming server. It will have pop or IMAP in the server name.

Take a look at this. It's a step bv step walk-through on settled up filters in Gmail. If you're not working with Gmail the concept is th3 same and there's probably an online tutorial.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...ml#post4803945
    11-14-2015 02:11 AM
    Look in Settings at the Incoming server. It will have pop or IMAP in the server name.

Take a look at this. It's a step bv step walk-through on settled up filters in Gmail. If you're not working with Gmail the concept is th3 same and there's probably an online tutorial.

There's no id of imap or pop. I'm using MAILBOX by Dropbox. What's next?

11-14-2015 12:10 PM
    What is the incoming server name? Might still tell me what the account is.
    What email service is it? Gmail, private domain or?
    11-14-2015 01:23 PM
    What is the incoming server name? Might still tell me what the account is.
    What email service is it? Gmail, private domain or?
    Read the above post.

11-15-2015 05:53 AM
    ??? I don't get it. You haven't given the name of the incoming server yet, or even whether the account is Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, a private domain or? Without more information there's nothing more I can do for you.
    11-15-2015 07:53 AM
    ??? I don't get it. You haven't given the name of the incoming server yet, or even whether the account is Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, a private domain or? Without more information there's nothing more I can do for you.
    Sorry my post is confusing. I don't know what you want. There's no id of imap or pop. I'm using MAILBOX by Dropbox. Mailbox is an email client just like Gmail and Yahoo. It can be downloaded from the Play Store. Remember, I'm using a smartphone. Please show me how to determine whether MAILBOX is IMAP or Pop.

11-15-2015 08:26 AM
    Let me try to make this a little clearer...

To do the mail filtering you want, like in this link I gave earlier:

You must use IMAP service. POP3 cannot do it. That's why you need to know which you have. The best way to determine which type of service you're using is to just look at the name of the incoming mail server. It's usually something like imap.gmail.com or pop.gmail.com so it's obvious.

I don't use Mailbox so I can't say exactly how to check the server name, but it should be simple, something like this:
    Go to Settings in Mailbox for your account, click on Setup or Account settings, then choose Manual setup. Don't change anything. In probably the first or second screen you will see the incoming server settings with the name.
    11-15-2015 06:41 PM
    I really appreciate your help and patience. I've looked at the Web application and the Android app but neither reveal whether or not it is a IMAP or Pop account. I guess I'll have to wait for support to answer my problem. It'll probably be a Future feature. I do however want to thank you for your help and patience.

11-16-2015 06:24 AM
    My mail server is going out of business. I'm switching to Gmail. I have emptied the labels in Mailbox so there are no emails in those labels. How do I get rid of those labels?

12-08-2015 09:43 AM
    Go into your GMail account on a web browser, click on the gear icon on the right, select SETTINGS, go to the LABELS section, and you can manage your labels there. The ones GMail creates for you can't be deleted but can be hidden. The ones you created can be modified or removed completely.

Note that removing custom labels will not remove messages associated with them, just remove the 'tag'.
    12-08-2015 11:09 AM
    Thanks. Can't get to the gear icon. I'm using a smartphone and typing mail.Google.com. I don't see a gear icon. What's next?

12-09-2015 02:05 PM
    I'm looking for an email app to replace mailbox which has been discontinued. I do not like Gmail. I'm looking for a email app that will transfer photos from other emails into my photo gallery. Can I have some experience reports from users of these programs. Thanks

12-09-2015 03:06 PM
    Not sure you can manage the labels from the mobile site. You'll have to either log in through a computer or if your phone/browser supports it, you can request the Desktop Version on your mobile (usually you'll need to either re-load or re-enter the gmail address for it to work as the mobile version has a different URL).
    12-09-2015 03:20 PM
    Not sure you can manage the labels from the mobile site. You'll have to either log in through a computer or if your phone/browser supports it, you can request the Desktop Version on your mobile (usually you'll need to either re-load or re-enter the gmail address for it to work as the mobile version has a different URL).
    Thanks for the help. I tried the web approach before. It won't work for me. I'll just try another email app. Any suggestions?

12-09-2015 06:46 PM
    I'm looking for a simple email app with no bells and whistles. The fonts should be large enough or adjustable. Exclude Gmail. Thanks.

12-15-2015 09:03 AM
    12-15-2015 09:06 AM
    I had used Type Mail for some time this year. It has good features and handles exchange account well. But it seems pretty heavy on memory also some noticeable hits to battery.

Switched to Aqua mail recently and I'm pretty impressed with its UI fluidity, light impact on memory, battery. There are tone of settings to tinker with for UI, notification and they way it sync, but it's good at default too.
    12-15-2015 10:24 AM
    +1 for AquaMail. Simply the best one out there.
    12-15-2015 01:00 PM
    Does anyone use myMail as their email program. I've had many contacts with their support team but they either do not understand my problem or they don't know how to answer my question. The instructions for the mobile version is quite clear. However, there is a FOLDER option that doesn't work. The instructions state that is only available in the DOT. COM version. My question was, are the developers going to add it to the Android version? Are there any users out there that is familiar with the problem? Thanks.

12-30-2015 09:47 AM
    Sounds like a great question for their facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/mymail.official

Their website ( my.com ) doesn't seem to have a support section for their free apps.
    12-30-2015 01:31 PM
    Sounds like a great question for their facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/mymail.official

Their website ( my.com ) doesn't seem to have a support section for their free apps.
    I'm not a Facebook user but I was able to post my question. I'll let you know if they respond. Thanks for your advice.

12-30-2015 02:12 PM
    I did receive a response. Someone had some questions. I supplied what they asked for and I'm awaiting a further response. Probably after the new years holiday. I'll let you know.

01-02-2016 05:40 AM
143 ... 3456