Mailbox

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Gmail archive

I have 3 gmail accounts I can only archive on one. Then, when I try to archive, it appears that they archive, but they are not in the archives folder. The other Gmail accounts will not let me create a label for archiving, Help

Posted via the Android Central App

appliancejunk

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Gmail archive

Is this with the native Gmail app or what..? I use Mailbox app for all my Gmail accounts and have never had any such problems.

Posted via Galaxy s5

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Gmail archive

Thanks. Where did you get that? I'm using the GMAIL accounts that set up when I got the galaxy s5.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
archive email

After I archive a message, it ends up in (all mail).when I delete them from all mail , they are also deleted from archive. How do I fix this .

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Gmail labels

I have 3 Gmail accounts. I can only add archive to 1 of them. How can I archive mail that I get in those 2 other accounts. I can't make an archive label in those 2 accounts. Help .

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Gmail labels

I am not sure what you mean. I have two G-mail accounts - one for years - and I have never seen an 'archive' label. I am far from a G-mail expert. There is far more that I don't know than I do. What little I know follows.

Archive is a system reserved term in G-mail - you can NOT use it create a label. When you have a item open or selected in G-mail inbox one of the buttons across the top looks like an folder with an arrow down. This will perform what G-Mail considers archive - actually just strips off the inbox label and stores it under a label all mail. Result is you will no longer see it in the inbox; but it can be accessed by switching to All Mail.

A G-mail expert might have more information for both of us.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Gmail labels

Thanks. I don't understand why I can archive in 1 account and not the other 2.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Archive vs ALL MAIL

How do I stop items in ARCHIVE from deleting when I try to delete ALL MAIL.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: Archive vs ALL MAIL

It would probably help a lot if we had a clue what Email app you are using? In some Archive is considered part of ALL MAIL.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: archive email

The link was useful but it didn't solve my problem. I want to be able to delete email in the ALL MAIL folder WITHOUT deleting from the ARCHIVE folder.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Gmail archive, all mail, important

I know how to archive in Gmail.
After archiving I go to the archive folder to check and make sure that all the items that I've archived are in there. They are.
My problem is when I tried to delete all mail and important mail, it also deletes from the archive folder. I want to keep this archived email indefinitely. How can I fix it.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Gmail n
Gmail and mailbox

When I was having difficulty with Gmail and archiving, I asked suggestions and was told that mailbox would solve my problem. I installed mailbox and my archive problem is no wrong. My other problem is the s the notification process. I set up Gmail with ringtone notification and disabled notification on mailbox. When the next email is incoming. I get no notification. I changed notification to mailbox ringtone and disabled Gmail's notification. Still no ringtone notification. I have enabled both Gmail and mailbox to notify me. Now I get 2 notifications of incoming email, just one second apart. How do I fix it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Gmail archive, all mail, important

I save important emails in various folders. Then I have the option of deleting all email in the Inbox, if I wanted to. Can you do that?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I archive mail and I don't want them deleted when I delete ALL MAIL.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

So you're looking to make a protected folder. Not sure if this is possible, since All Mail encompasses all email folders.

Incidentally, how do you have an option to delete All Mail? On the Gmail app on my Nexus 7 and Nexus 5, there is no option to do a mass delete like that--I have to manually select multiple emails to delete.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Gmail n
Gmail and mailbox

When I was having difficulty with Gmail and archiving, I asked for suggestions and was told that mailbox would solve my problem. I installed mailbox and my archive problem is no longer . My other problem is the the notification process. I set up GMAIL with ringtone notification and disabled notifications on MAILBOX. When the next email is incoming. I get no notification. I changed notification to A MAILBOX ringtone and disabled Gmail's notification. Still no ringtone notification. I have enabled both Gmail and mailbox to notify me. Now I get 2 notifications of incoming email, just one second apart. How do I fix it.

I cleaned up the post so it can be understood. But the problem still exists. Will someone please help.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Email arrivals notification silent

I have 2 email accounts, Gmail and mailbox. Notification settings are on and the ringtones are set yet the phone is silent when email arrives. What's wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome