Mailbox

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Lollipop email

I'm planning on upgrading to lollipop 5.0. I have a samsung galaxy s5 using free non-stock programs. one Google CALENDAR , TEXTRA, and MAILBOX When I install the upgrade, will the stock programs be already on the device or will I have to add them separately. Have you had any experience with those new stock programs, email messaging and calendar? Thanks

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Verizon network

brando0623

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop email

From what I have seen on my T-Mobile S5 with lollipop, all stock programs are there and act the same as they did in kitkat, with some minor visual differences

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(826501)

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lollipop email

Once you enter your Gmail account, your apps, free or paid, at the Google Play Store are going to download. If some free third party apps like SMS, Email or Calendar don't download after the upgrade to Lollipop 5.0.0 you just go to " My apps" at Google Play Store, then select " All" look for the specific app and download it. Check the screenshots good alternatives for your current third party apps. uploadfromtaptalk1424642576914.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424642592767.jpguploadfromtaptalk1424642603491.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1424642523639.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1424642523639.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 19

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Mailbox to gmail

I've been using mailbox for a mail server. I switched to Gmail. There are many folders that are empty that were carried forward from mailbox to Gmail and I want to get rid of the folders. How do I do that? Thanks

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Mailbox to gmail

Ummm...to the best of my knowledge, GMail doesn't support folders. It does labels, but not folders. If these are, indeed, labels, you can tap the arrow next to the label (in the web client of GMail) and select REMOVE LABEL, or go to the bottom of the list and select MANAGE LABELS, where you can control all of them.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I've been using mailbox for a mail server. I switched to Gmail. There are many folders that are empty that were carried forward from mailbox to Gmail and I want to get rid of the folders. How do I do that? Thanks

You might need to access Gmail via the web browser and edit the labels (I believe you are referring to labels, not folders) settings to delete anything you no longer need. This can usually be done by hovering the cursor over the label that you want to delete and click the down-arrow and choose edit. From there, select delete to remove the label so that it doesn't show up in your list.

Let us know if that helps or if you have any other questions.

Edit: Ha! I just posted right after SpookDroid provided the help above. Let us know if you have any questions.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Mailbox Help

I just changed to mailbox application from Outlook. There are some settings in the instructions, that do not work. I'm trying to organize my emails in chronological order. Is. I have there way to do that? Thanks

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

You might need to access Gmail via the web browser and edit the labels (I believe you are referring to labels, not folders) settings to delete anything you no longer need. This can usually be done by hovering the cursor over the label that you want to delete and click the down-arrow and choose edit. From there, select delete to remove the label so that it doesn't show up in your list.

Let us know if that helps or if you have any other questions.

Edit: Ha! I just posted right after SpookDroid provided the help above. Let us know if you have any questions.

I gave up on Outlook mail. It's much too buggy for me. Thanks for looking at the problem.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I used to be able to hear a sound notification whenever new mail arrives. The new mail arrives in my Inbox but the sound
notification does not work. What am I doing wrong?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: New Mail signs have stopped working.

I assume you've already checked your Settings>Sound>Notifications menu, right? Also, open the Email app, tap Menu>Settings, and select the email account in question. Look for the notification settings--is it set to a tone other than "Silent" or "None"? Try selecting a new tone, and make sure it plays a sample for you.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: New Mail signs have stopped working.

I did all that. All the settings appear correct. I'm sure it's something simple. I just can't find it. Thanks again for your patience and help.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Mailbox archiving.

All of a sudden, my emails, MAILBOX, are not going into my inbox. They go to an archive folder with no notification. I had this problem several months ago. But I don't remember how I solved the problem. Please advise. Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Mailbox archiving.

All of a sudden, my emails, MAILBOX, are not going into my inbox. They go to an archive folder with no notification. I had this problem several months ago. But I don't remember how I solved the problem. Please advise. Thanks

Is it all emails or just a few from a particular sender? I think you might have accidentally set a filter to send all incoming emails to Archive. Take a look at this page on filter support: https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6579?hl=en

You can follow the process to see which filters you have set then either delete or modify accordingly. Let us know if you have any other questions.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Sending group emails

I have a samsung galaxy s5 smartphone. I can set up Group contacts in my contact folder but cannot send group emails in my email client, MAILBOX Anyone have a solution to the problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sending group emails

This is one of the few inexplicable deficiencies I've encountered in Android. If you use Gmail, you could use Gmail Group Share. Not sure what options there are for the stock Email app, though.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: Sending group emails

AquaMail will do email to your contact groups. Very easy. When you start a new email at the left end of the 'To' field tap on the little people icon. Your contacts list pops up and across the top is 3 choices - Contacts (the default) Groups and Recent. Tap on Groups, select a group and everyone in that group is added. You can deselect individually anyone you don't want to send to. You can even select multiple groups.

AquaMail is just the best.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=org.kman.AquaMail&token=kyy_AQRj

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007