Where is all of my memory going?

Jacob Garnett

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
where is all of my memory going?

On my galaxy S5 it shows most of my memory used up in other, I tried to track all of that down but I couldn't find what was so big, if anyone could tell me how to track down what is using so much space that would be great.

Edit: it wasn't using up as much until recently, it also probably should not take 10-11 GB of memory for system files

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: where is all of my memory going?

Welcome to the forums. I believe that the system files show up as Other. So things like the Smart features and such will show up there.

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

I did have the verizon version of the s5 and pre installed crap takes about 5.5 gb leaving you about 10 gb of usable space. My advice is to clean up any old text messages and uninstall any apps you don't use. If that don't help install an app from the play store called ASTRO file manager and check what's taking up all your storage space.

Sent from my rooted Vzw LG G3 on a couch in Portland Oregon

Tahoe916

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

Clean master or similar apps can clean junk files which accumulate, it may help some

photoman333

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site

> Where is all of my memory going?

In my case I'm just getting older, and if I didn't have the S5 Calendar and reminder I wouldn't be able to remember squat. :D

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

mary beth hale

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site

In my case I'm just getting older, and if I didn't have the S5 Calendar and reminder I wouldn't be able to remember squat. :D

LOL. Can relate. If not for Google Now reminders, everything around me would be covered in post-it notes.

mary beth

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

tee hee, I can surely relate at 72 years young.

add to that, an 18 wheeler broadsided me on my Goldwing motorcycle back in 2008. Destroyed my short term memory and it never came back.

but maybe that is a good thing?
ROFL.gif
waving.gif

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX