Do you use your phone for music playing or you prefer other device?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I prefer my iPod, but I had to start using my phone so I wouldn't have to carry around so many devices.

Posted via Android Central App

jonheld

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
As soon as I got my phone I dropped in a 64GB class 10 SD stick and transferred my favorite music over. It streams seamlessly to my car stereo and the handsfree works as it should to answer calls. No need to carry multiple devices.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I used to carry around a 160GB iPod classic along with my Droid X back during 2010-2012. I didn't like the music playback apps that were available for Android and the Droid X was compatible with memory cards up to 32GB. I didn't fancy the idea of carrying around multiple memory cards. That changed when I picked up a 64GB iPhone 5 in 2012. I was able to create a "best of" playlist and get over the idea of carrying around all of my songs with me.

That idea continued when I purchased my S5. I brought a 128GB memory card with me the day I bought my S5 and installed it before they set the phone up. I switched to Google Music and Google Music All Access, transferred my entire iTunes library and "best of" playlist over, and my playlist is sitting on my memory card while I have access to my entire library when I feel like streaming over wi-fi or my cellular network. To me, it's the best of both worlds and I would never go back to carrying around multiple devices again. I can't really now anyway as none of them work with Google Music All Access except for a handful of Android DAPs and my S5 will provide a better experience (more powerful hardware, better battery life, newer OS, constantly receives app/OS updates) than those.

mbryanr

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I only use my phone now. Had many gadgets, file servers, audio equipment along the way, my own music library, etc. Got tired of maintaining the metadata, converting flacs, album art, and constantly tinkering with it, instead of just listening. I used Spotify and Google play music beta at first, then got tired of the Google interface, while maintaining a music database
Use only Spotify and just press play now. I don't have the best hearing so quality isn't that critical to me, I listen for the sound not the audio quality. I should note the play music app is much better now compared to the initial app. Also have Prime, but only briefly used the Amazon music app. Audible?

Posted via the Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Car has usb ports so I use a thumb drive. Music plays thru the car's speakers. At home my desktop computer's speakers sound mucho better than the phone's. Or if I'm at the other end of the house, I use my Jawbone wireless BT speaker paired with my GN/2014. I'm 55. I'm not plugged into music (from any device) 24/7 and don't use the headphones at all :) Probably didn't even need to reply to this thread LOL

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone when I am out and about, but my desktop comp/ laptop at home because I hate wearing earphones. I havent used an ipod for years. Do they let you stream spotify?

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I use a old ipod touch for podcasting because itunes has podcasting down. But other then that all my music is on my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vignajeanniegolabek