music folder

wingman1800

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I transfered misic files from my computer to the extsdcard to an existing folder called "Android/data/com.samsung.music"... If I go to that folder, music plays fine but takes time to use ES file explorer to get there. They do not show up just using the default MUSIC.....how do I keep files on extsdcard and still get them to show up and pay in MUSIC. Also MUSIC does not show up in my applic. mgr so I dont have much contorol of where it looks.
thanks
tom

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about the terrible, awful, bloated Samsung Music app? If so, you can put your music on your SD card in any folder. It doesn't have to be specifically labeled, you can just call it "Music." Then open the Music app and it will automatically scan and find your music files for you.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Are you talking about the terrible, awful, bloated Samsung Music app? If so, you can put your music on your SD card in any folder. It doesn't have to be specifically labeled, you can just call it "Music." Then open the Music app and it will automatically scan and find your music files for you.

Right. On another note what would you say is wrong wth the stock music app. And which music app are you using or suggest.

Posted via the Android Central App

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I use poweramp.. music can be anywhere because you can scan.. my music is in extSdCard/music though as well

The stock music player does tht. By simply doing what you advised the op to do in sd card or device storage. I have music on both and it all shows up in music app. Everbody keeps bringing up power amp. I tried it seemed like a lot of bells and whistles to get same results. Maybe I'll take have another go at it.

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Right. On another note what would you say is wrong wth the stock music app. And which music app are you using or suggest.

PowerAMP, Google Play Music, doubleTwist, Amazon Music, etc. The Samsung music app just eats away at system resources for no reason. I can play music (320kbps mp3 files) for 15 minutes and my battery will drain (with the screen off) by almost 10%. That's inexcusable. Google Play Music and PowerAMP all consume (maybe) 1% of my phone's battery during that time. doubleTwist doesn't seem nearly as bad when it comes to system resources wither but it can operate pretty clunky at times.

The Samsung music app is fine for basic playback and it works with quite a few digital formats but it uses far too many system resources when doing so. Streaming music over my 4G network while playing audio over Bluetooth using Google Play Music uses less battery than playing mp3 files on my phone's SD card over a wired connection using Samsung's music app.

Big Khan

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I have Poweramp, on my Samsung Galaxy S5, with lollipop 5.01 OS. Poweramp, will play my Google Play Music that's on my 64gb SD Card but it will not show Artist Name, Track Title or Album Art. Do you know how to correct this and if not can you point me to someone who can. I'm a Newbie to Android Central.