My Samsung Galaxy s5 battery drains quickly !!

n88enw

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi please can anyone advice me how to maintain my battery life?? i charge my mobile every night to 100% when i go to work about mid day my battery levels is 50% and lower bearing in mind i dont use my fone at work !! ive closed apps turned off apps etc and still i have no joy. i really dont want to factory set it as ive done that before when i had the galaxy s4, and i lost qiute a few photo and contacts.. and still the problem remained.. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME ANY IDEAS ????? Thank you :-:)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1) Turn off all the radios you aren't using - mobile data, GPS, Bluetooth, wifi.

2) Keep power save on.

3) Condition the battery. Fully charge it, then use the phone until it tells you to charge it. Do it twice more.

4) Try to never let it get below 40% charge - that shortens the battery life.

5) Buy a spare battery and external charger - they're not expensive (2 batteries and a charger are under $25). Then swap batteries when the one in the phone starts dropping to near 40%.

6) If this is a new phone, give it a few weeks to settle down. Android phones draw a lot of battery in the first few weeks.

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Buy the spare battery and oem charger. Problem solved. Disabling all that stuff defeats the purpose of a smartphone...

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Disabling all that stuff defeats the purpose of a smartphone...

No it does NOT!

The internet is not needed unless the phone is unlocked and in your hands.

My phone automatically turns off the internet when the screen is locked,
and, when the screen is unlocked the internet is activated again.

I get 3 days per charge cycle down to the 25% to 40% range depending on how heavy I use it on a given day.

I have a Qi wireless charger in it making it super easy to top the battery off when needed.

see my signature

Attachments

• Battery 2d 15h 33%.jpg
    Battery 2d 15h 33%.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 15 hrs 87% battery.jpg
    15 hrs 87% battery.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 36

UptownAdam

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the informative post. How do you set up the phone to automatically turn those things off when screen is locked? I'd like to get the same life out of each battery charge. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5

UptownAdam

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
Hey, a quick question for AZgl1500. I tried to submit it to your post, but it appeared at bottom of this string. How do you set up your phone to turn all those things off when the screen locks?

Thullraven

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I myself did the same thing with all my Android devices, including my S5. I had Juice Defender installed and set up to turn off mobile data when the screen timeouts and/or screen locks. However, that feature doesn't appear to work with the update to Lollipop, so now I manually turn off mobile data when not in use, which is a pain.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21