Has anyone experienced this? My wifi is connected, shows great signal strength, yet it doesn't work? Anything I try doesn't work, FB, Chrome, any app that uses internet connection.. I don't get what's going on... I did remove the WIFI info and forget it, then reconnect... that doesn't work. The only thing that fixes it, is if I restart my phone.

Someone please help.
    12-08-2014 03:21 PM
    Check a few things:

The DHCP setting in the router. There have to be enough addresses for the phone to get one. (If you allow 5 addresses and 5 devices are already connected, the phone won't get an IP address.)

That the phone isn't set for a static address. (If it is, make sure you know what you're doing - the static address can't be in the router's DHCP range.)

Are any other devices (phones, laptops, desktops) able to connect to the internet via wifi without problem?

Is the phone able to connect to the internet via mobile data? Are you disabling mobile data when you're trying to connect via wifi?

Is the router using WPA2 Personal TKIP? Some phones have a problem unless you're using WPA2 AES.
    FxExAxRx likes this.
    12-08-2014 04:08 PM
    Has anyone experienced this? My wifi is connected, shows great signal strength, yet it doesn't work? Anything I try doesn't work, FB, Chrome, any app that uses internet connection.. I don't get what's going on... I did remove the WIFI info and forget it, then reconnect... that doesn't work. The only thing that fixes it, is if I restart my phone.

Someone please help.
    I have a similar issue I just bought the s6 and when I am at work or a store, restaurants it says it connected to their Internet but wont work my home and friends Internet is fine samsung has no ideas of what is wrong I got another new one thinking something was wrong with the phone but the new one does the same thing
    05-09-2015 04:10 PM
    This issue is occured after I reset my phone. Xperia L
    11-06-2015 09:18 PM
    I have exactly the same problem. It is very frustrating. Went to Telstra shop and he told me to bring in modem..
    Everything I have read here related to router???
    Hope to read a solution soon
    11-09-2015 08:17 PM
    Even though the post is old,
    Thanks,
    Changing from static to DHCP works!

EDIT:
    How to change:
    Select the connected AP
    Modify network
    Change from Static to DHCP under IP setting
    If you still want Static change the last octet to a higher value:
    EG: from 192.168.0.2 to 192.168.0.25
    OR
    EG: from 10.0.0.2 to 10.0.0.40
    02-24-2017 08:46 AM
    didn't work for me... any other thought? I'm using S8 running Android v7.0
    10-16-2017 05:57 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Did you find a fix?
    12-29-2017 03:42 AM
    Hello! I am nEw, so I don't know the full extent of the Android Community.

I have been experiencing a similar or the same situation based on your situations. It went like this..

Day prior BEFORE the day of error: I used Kingoroot to root my device, after 2nd try it worked, was excited because of app access.

After atleast 1 hour after the download of Kingoroot: I saw Google Play with a notification regarding the suspicion that Kingoroot is a malware.

The day when the error came: I went to Google Play to see the stuff on stock... It was working fine, then came the the no WiFi message.

But what's worse is that I am thinking it's a malware, I am quite terrified because if the malware is within the root, it may progress to other apps, like now, because yesterday only Google play and Play, Newspaper , and Music were disabled because of this message, but now came YouTube which is a big fear for me, because I need internetainment (taken from GMM, a channel) HELP ME PLEASE!!!
    12-29-2017 06:41 AM
    Google considers any rooting app to be malware, there's usually no "other malware" in the rooting app. But the only way around it is to back everything up, flash an unrooted firmware, then restore everything.
    12-30-2017 12:28 PM

Someone please help.
    Well I recommend that you reset your router. You can also toggle the settings by logging into the your router's admin panel
    05-01-2018 11:38 AM