Hey guys. I have a new, unrooted, completely OEM S5 Verizon running Android 4.4.4. I'm having problems with services and, quite frankly, everything stopping working.
    I did install a proximity sensor app on Friday 12/5 that automatically turns the screen off when you put it in your pocket. Everything was working perfect before that.

I have gotten NUMEROUS "Unfortunately 'x' has stopped working" over the last few days. I'm not exactly sure why. It was happening quite often. Replace the "x" with everything from Touchwiz, messages, email, settings, and now 'com.sec.phone'.

Also, the phone would randomly freeze and then restart itself. Sometimes right close together, sometimes not. This has happened multiple times starting on Friday. So I uninstalled the proximity app on Saturday. Unfortunately, these errors are still happening.

I noticed a small pixel glitch or flash on the red Verizon screen, sometimes, when the phone restarts itself.

It was so frustrating that I did a hard reset yesterday. The only apps I have NOW is a calendar agenda widget app, and facebook, and that's basically it. Things seem a little better, but also seem a little laggy when I have power saver mode ON (previously I noticed no lag with power saver mode on). I have gotten two errors today: Settings and 'com.sec.phone'.

The "unfortunately 'x' has stopped" HAS occurred while I am in Safe mode. I don't recall the restarting.

Is there anyway to completely wipe the phone clean and reload the default S5 Verizon operating system using a Computer?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
    12-08-2014 04:07 PM
    New phone, still under replacement warranty. Has a problem. Have it replaced. It's Samsung's problem, not yours.

You can reflash the ROM, but that will void the warranty. If Verizon wants to do that, the warranty is still valid.
    12-08-2014 04:25 PM
    It's the Blue Edition, from Best Buy. I bought this from a good friend. The phone hasn't been used other than Best Buy turning it on to activate it in the store. Then I bought it, still in the box with screen protector and everything.
    12-08-2014 05:00 PM
    Anyone...?
    12-09-2014 08:52 AM