Wi-Fi and mobile data connected at same time?

shortstop20

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I recently picked up an S5, great phone! But.......I use an app called "Qfile" to auto upload photos that I take to my NAS at home.

I used this app flawlessly on my old HTC DNA. Photos would upload whenever I was on WiFi and I didn't even have to give it a second thought.

With my S5 though, photos never auto upload via WiFi after I take them, the Qfile app sees that my phone is(or thinks that it is) still connected to mobile data and from what I'm seeing, it appears the S5 holds it's 4G LTE connection, even when WiFi is in use. Thus, the QFile app senses I'm connected to 4G LTE and won't upload the photos, because it assumes that since Im connected to 4G LTE, I must not be connected to WiFi. If I disable mobile data while connected to WiFi, the photos then automatically upload, but turning off mobile data to make the phone upload my photos isn't an optimal solution.

Is there some setting I can tweak on the phone to make an app prefer WiFi? I wasn't able to find anyone else running into this problem and the QNAP(maker of the NAS and Qfile app) forums were no help.

I thought about contacting QNAP but one would think somebody out there has the same phone and NAS setup as me and has ran into the same problem.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
This might not do what you want, but if you will download MacroDroid it has a macro that can sense certain conditions,
ie, an app has been activated (this is the trigger)

then you can select an Action for that trigger, (turn OFF Mobile Data)

A 2nd macro could be set up to reactivate Mobile Data if you wish when that particular app "QFile" is no longer active.

The free version of MD allows for 5 macros. Plenty enough to get a feel for the power this app has.
Took me all of 5 minutes to decide I had to have the Paid Version.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

But, frankly, there is a slicker way than that.

use MacroDroid to sense that WiFi is connected and then have it turn OFF Mobile Data.... that is all you need to do.
use a 2nd Macro to turn Mobile Data back on when WiFi is not connected.

This setup alone will make your Qfile work w/o you doing a thing.

shortstop20

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Is the Download Booster mode active on the phone? Maybe that's what's causing both connections to be active...

This is a stock phone, so Download Booster shouldn't be active I don't think? I don't see an option for it anywhere and it sounds like it's disabled from the factory?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463