Ive read that the s5 is supposed to be able to detect and read usb flash drives. Mine doesnt. I have the adapter cable, and a working flash drive nothing is happening.

I know of the alternate method via root/stickmount. But im reading on the internet and seen on a youtube video tht this feature is already built in the phone. Any plz shed some light on this...
    Need s5 to read a portable flash drive and yes I have adapter cable. Plz help

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-10-2014 10:12 AM
    May I ask you where you got your adapter cable? I know it is a crazy question but some cables are differnt than others.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-10-2014 11:35 AM
    May I ask you where you got your adapter cable? I know it is a crazy question but some cables are differnt than others.

Sooo.. apparently I'm not even using a flash drive. Smh. The whole time I've been using an SD card reader. Like I'm not noticing the big open space on the back of this thing. The phone is not reading it because there is no SD card inserted into it there's no data. I'm literally kicking myself. Silly me. I'm going to find a flash drive and I will update this post. By the way I found the adapter in my house. My house is like a baby radio shack. The adapter works fine s5 says its connected. I shouldve been paying closer attention wasted a 1/2 hour. Thx for replaying hope all is well when I find a flash drive..

Attached Thumbnails Galaxy s5 / flash drive-20141210_124603.jpg   Galaxy s5 / flash drive-20141210_124544.jpg  
    12-10-2014 11:51 AM
    it will indeed work with a flash drive but it doesnt work with a big Western Digital one
    12-10-2014 12:24 PM
    Sooo.. apparently I'm not even using a flash drive. Smh. The whole time I've been using an SD card reader. Like I'm not noticing the big open space on the back of this thing. The phone is not reading it because there is no SD card inserted into it there's no data. I'm literally kicking myself. Silly me. I'm going to find a flash drive and I will update this post. By the way I found the adapter in my house. My house is like a baby radio shack. The adapter works fine s5 says its connected. I shouldve been paying closer attention wasted a 1/2 hour. Thx for replaying hope all is well when I find a flash drive..

Dude, that's too funny. Had a fat laugh Made my day. Thanks for that.
    12-10-2014 12:30 PM
    it will indeed work with a flash drive but it doesnt work with a big Western Digital one
    Actually my son handed tht to me. Said dad I got one. This thing was plugged into his xbox. For what I dont know. We were both looking at it like this thing is broke its a big hole in it. So im like eff it and fiddled wth it for an hour. Smh. Oh man. As u can tell not real tech savvy but I got google thank god for google.

12-10-2014 12:51 PM
    I had to ask lol. Because I haven't had any problem with mine. Thought it maybe new glitch on the S5. Glad you got it going.

12-10-2014 04:42 PM