Bend question

Karbyne

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I know the title sounds a little misleading but I've noticed that my volume button is slightly curved. Now I don't know if this is common, but I was wondering if anyone can give me an insight of the durability of the device in general.

I'm using a Galaxy S5 (Genuine) G900F Model.

Posted via the Android Central App

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, in terms of durability, the S5 is the most durable smartphone I have owned. I originally had an LG chocolate touch (a dumb phone) that was pretty durable but it was made of thick plastic and had a resistive touch display so I didn't have to worry about breaking glass. I have also had a Droid X (which was all metal) that wasn't very durable. I dropped it once and 1/4 of the pixels just stopped working. Then I had an iPhone 5 that I treated like a baby only for it to get a nick (in the metal no less) after dropping it in a single layer rubber case.

I have dropped my S5 only once outside of a case but it didn't do anything. I've also used it right after getting out of a shower without issues and it's gone through some extreme heat and humidity conditions.

Karbyne

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
The water and dust resistance is a life saver I must admit, but I understand, bending of the buttons and (rarely the device itself) is possible through general use.

Posted via the Android Central App

P_Devil

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Maybe, maybe not. I think it depends on the circumstances. Bending through normal use with your phone in a case is not normal but slight bending, over time, with a naked phone would be plausible. I've had my S5 in a case since the day I purchased it (I was actually putting the case on when I dropped my naked S5) but all of my buttons are fine and my phone isn't bent. I would expect a case to add more physical support to my phone though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech