Unwanted notification

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have 3 apps I need notification by sound, 1 is the ring from an incoming phone Call. The others are notification for a text messages and the other is notification for appointment that is due. I have a notification that goes off that I don't know what it represents. Where can I find where it comes from. Thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yahoo Mail is a common culprit, from what I've seen in other posts. Do the notifications come at regular intervals? Could it be some kind of hourly chime?

dnangel_95

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
When i got my s5 a couple of months ago I also have that random annoying notification. one day, i was on the Active Apps Manager inside the recent apps menu and i saw Samsung apps suddenly turned itself on with a matching notification sound. I thought that may be it so I force stopped samsung apps 'coz i hardly ever use it and the sound never bothered me since. I believe it has to do with samsung trying to check for updates or sumthin' (not sure and i dunno) as I only hear that whenever I'm connected to the internet.

ETA: i also turned the notification off of samsung apps

Last edited:

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a system notification?

I just made a new macro for my phone with MacroDroid. I do a lot of Craigslist adverts and idiots just will NOT honor your request to Never Send a Text Message, I only answer Phone Calls..... this is how I screen out Nigerian scammers from True Blue locals who will actually come meet me at the grocery store and talk business. Scammers always want to send you money thru PayPal and you always get ripped. You lose the money and you lose the product you sold.

So, I had MacroDroid turn OFF all notifications at 10 PM every night except for the telephone ringer. Nothing else will ever again wake me up at 2 a.m. and ruin a night's sleep.

So, check to see if system notifications are bugging you?

I note that you want:
Telco Ringer
SMS
Calendar Events

With MacroDroid, you can be darn sure nothing else will ever bother you. It is free for the first 5 macros.
* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair