Of course the good news is I left Sprint so I can now use the internet and talk on my phone off wifi. I can't tell you how awesome that is. FINALLY.

So....long story short, my stepbrother came over a few weeks back with the Note 4. I drooled...the screen...the size...the S pen, the battery life,, 3 gigs of RAM, better camera as well...

So....I'll give an official 30 day report soon, I've had it for a few days now...

I'll be checking back in from time to time as I gave my BF the S5 so I'll still report the good and bad on it...
    12-12-2014 12:28 PM
    Congratulations! The Note 4 IS a great device! I'm enjoying it a lot. And I've been hooked on the S-Pen since the Note 2. Beats carrying around a note pad (which I always lost hehe).

The only thing you might miss about the S5 and now your BF will enjoy, is the water resistance.
    Jon Jackson likes this.
    12-12-2014 12:42 PM
    Congratulations! The Note 4 IS a great device! I'm enjoying it a lot. And I've been hooked on the S-Pen since the Note 2. Beats carrying around a note pad (which I always lost hehe).

The only thing you might miss about the S5 and now your BF will enjoy, is the water resistance.
    I have to admit I am utterly clueless as what to do with the S pen. I consider it a major accomplishment that I know how to retrieve it out and stick it back in its slot. BUT I do want to learn what's up with it....I dunno even what app to open to play with it etc...
    12-12-2014 12:50 PM
    If you're into drawing, Autodesk's Sketchbook, which I think comes free with the Note, is really cool.

I use it for work a lot. Taking meeting notes, being out on the manufacturing floor when I visit suppliers is SUPER handy, especially since you can embed pictures on the fly to your notes and write over them.

If you're into CAD design, well, there are a few apps that do that well, and there are even cool apps that let you draw vectors on top of mechanical drawings to run simulations on the go.

Sending handwriting in pictures to friends is a cool feature, but helping someone out with annotated screenshots is also very cool.

But mostly it's the note taking. You could use the handwriting recognition feature to input text, but unless you don't have your both hands available to type, it's much faster to do so with the on-screen keyboard (but a neat feature to show off once in a while hehe).

You can also preview stuff like meetings and pictures by hovering over items with the S-Pen.
    12-12-2014 01:41 PM

About that water issue...this is from the booklet that came with the Note

Just left S5 for the Note 4 -left Sprint for Verizon-dwkdw2v.jpg
    12-12-2014 03:58 PM
    Yeah, but that's them covering their behinds. The device IS IP67 rated, which is at least far more than the Note 4 can boast. And I'm sure you've seen those underwater pictures and videos taken with S5s :P
    12-12-2014 04:41 PM
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Spen since Note 2 and now Note 4! I use it for everything in place of my fingers (Long nails) I keep it out of its little slot most of the day.

1. Scrolling, selecting app, page to page
    2. Writing Texts/Emails
    3. Love hovering over things and it brings up a preview
    4. taking/Writing on Screen shots
    5. If out of it's slot.....click the button on the Spen twice and it brings up the action choice menu

LOVE my Note 4!
    12-12-2014 04:53 PM
    I do miss some of the S-Pen gestures that were on the Note 3 but didn't make it on the Note 4 though, like taking a screenshot with just one button press. Now you have to press the button, bring up the Action Wheel, select screenshot (or do the palm swipe thing).
    Even taking a clip from your screen was a one-button-press affair that now takes two or more steps. Annoying.
    12-12-2014 05:21 PM
    I do miss some of the S-Pen gestures that were on the Note 3 but didn't make it on the Note 4 though, like taking a screenshot with just one button press. Now you have to press the button, bring up the Action Wheel, select screenshot (or do the palm swipe thing).
    Even taking a clip from your screen was a one-button-press affair that now takes two or more steps. Annoying.

One problem I am having though is while charging the screen goes off and on and ding ding ding....like its a bad connection...tried two diff chargers same problem
    12-12-2014 05:56 PM
    Nevermind.... It was the office chargers. My chargers here at home work fine. Those cheap bastards lol
    12-12-2014 07:49 PM
    Yes, I too was disappointed that the press button, hold to screen, for screen shot is gone. I liked that better. But I do like the full action memo menu. I don't like the hand swipe because it doesn't load the edit tools!
    12-12-2014 10:21 PM