Standalone battery charger for S5

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a spare battery for my S5 that I carry in my backpack. I didn't start using it until this week, when my phone started doing this thing where it overheats during some of the games I play, and the battery drains very quickly.

When I get home, I'd like to still have my phone available until bedtime, so I'm looking for a charger for the battery only, sort of like this:
Amazon.com: Aokdis Hot Selling Wall Travel Spare Battery Charger with USB for Samsung Galaxy S5 I9600: Cell Phones & Accessories

The only problem is that it says it's for the S5 i9600 battery. My battery says EB-BG900BZ. What's the difference (or is there any) between these batteries? Does anyone know? I don't want to bake my battery with the wrong charger.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

cydewaze

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
That is a lot cheaper than Samsung's version which came up on the same search page for me.

I'm a bit leery of ultra cheap products because w/o prior knowledge of its' suitability, you just might end up with a charger that continues to trickle charge even when the battery is full. As you just mentioned, you might ruin a good battery.

That one's more because it comes with a battery, which is probably $20 of that $32. I got a cheapy standalone charger for my D2 and it was still going strong on my wife's D2 batteries until we got her an S5 last week.

I'm more worried about the difference between batteries, but doing some more searches, the i9600 and BG900BZ seem to be interchangeable, so the charger is probably fine for both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz