Every time I receive a new email through my Gmail I hear a notification. I turned this off through the default mail app. I have gone through every app and setting referring to sound/notification. Anything relating to sound and email I have turned off - I still hear a notification.

This went on all night long! Please help! I have to be missing something.
    12-13-2014 12:58 PM
    Every time I receive a new email through my Gmail I hear a notification. I turned this off through the default mail app. I have gone through every app and setting referring to sound/notification. Anything relating to sound and email I have turned off - I still hear a notification.

This went on all night long! Please help! I have to be missing something.
    Did you turn them off in the Gmail app. In the Gmail app, pull the menu from the left side of the screen, go to the bottom and select settings, select your email address (account ) and untag notifications.
    AZgl1500 likes this.
    12-13-2014 01:11 PM
    I tackled it a bit differently so that I could get a good night's sleep.

I installed MacroDroid and use the "Date/Time" trigger. I set it to recognize that 2200 hours has passed and then the Action feature opens Set Volume and then the constraints is set to reduce Notification and System volumes to Zero.

Then I set up another macro to sense the screen being unlocked and used the Set Awake Action option to reset all of the volume levels to where I want them during the daylight hours.

It works a treat, I have to tell you. I never get any noises out of my phone at night now. Not even a "Battery Fully Charged" sound.... it is so nice to be able to sleep all night w/o idiots and scammers-telemarketers waking me up.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play
    12-13-2014 01:46 PM