Messages no longer display contact name

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Don't know what happened but my contacts names no longer are displayed, only the number. Can anyone advise on a fix? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Which carrier are you with?

You also don't describe the situation clear enough for us to know what you mean. You really need to include a Screenshot of things so we can see what you see.

ie, are you looking at the Contacts List, or do you mean when the phone rings, you only see the incoming number instead of the caller's name?

There are options to turn that stuff on/off, you need to look around.

ie, Settings/CALL

look at all of that stuff

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Basically, some of my contacts have disappeared, so only numbers show up for incoming calls and texts. Some contact info are still there such as name and email address, but the actual phone number has disappeared.

I have Sprint

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Basically, some of my contacts have disappeared, so only numbers show up for incoming calls and texts. Some contact info are still there such as name and email address, but the actual phone number has disappeared.

I have Sprint

If a contact has been deleted from your contact list, you will never see the contact's name again until you rebuild that person's contact information. Once you do that, then a SMS message will show their name again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon